Chapter 12

Daryl's P.O.V
I stare down at the little girl in my arms, my little girl. I'm unable to rid the smile on my face as I watch her sleep. I glance up from Amelia and look over at Cat, who is sound asleep by the small fire. We are camping for the night in the barn because it was too dark to head back. Also Cat was too exhausted to go back at the moment.

"How's she doing?" I turn around and see Hayden looking over my shoulder down at Amelia.

I smile, "Yeah, she's doing great. She's sound asleep."

"That's a good sign." Hayden says with a big smile.

I look at him and have an overwhelming feeling of gratitude towards him, "Hayden, thank you so much."

"It's fine Daryl." He says, blowing it off.

"No, really. You protected her when I wasn't there and you helped her get through this. I can't thank you enough for what you have done for my family." I say honestly.

He stares at me for a moment before giving me a small nod. I nod in return and he turns back to the baby, "So what's her name?"

"Amelia."

He looks at me for a moment and I give him a small smile, "Yeah, my mum's name was Amelia. But we also named her after your sister, she helped Cat throughout the pregnancy."

I see tears well up on his eyes. He lets out a cough and wipes his eyes, "Thanks man. That means a lot to me."

"You're welcome." I say.

"You've been standing for awhile, come sit down by the fire." He says, walking backwards.

I walk over to the small fire and sit beside Abraham and Carl. I sit down gently as to not disturb Amelia and I lean back against the beam.

"How do you think the others are going?" Carl asks.

"I'm sure they're fine, Glenn knows what he's doing. This wouldn't be the first time we've been separated." Rick says.

"That is one adorable baby you have their Daryl." Abraham says, looking over my shoulder.

I smile down at her, my heart swelling up with joy, "You don't have to tell me."

"What have you named her?" Carl asks.

I look over at him, "Amelia. Named her after my mum and Hayden's sister."

They all smile and nod their head in agreement. I look up at Rick and see him looking at Amelia and I wonder what he's thinking.

"So what are the plans for tomorrow?" Abraham asks.

"We'll meet up with the others, find some new place to live. For now, I think we should all get some sleep. It's been a big day." Rick explains, looking back at Cat.

I nod in agreement and stand up, walking over to where Cat sleeps. I can hear her deep snoring as I gently lay down beside her, placing Amelia in between us. I keep Amelia nestled in my arm against my chest and I wrap the other around Cat's waist. I look at her and lean forward, placing my forehead against hers. I close my eyes and go to sleep, thinking about my two, perfect girls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We walk through the forest in formation, Cat and Amelia in the middle. We walk slowly and keep our eyes peeled, being extra careful. Amelia is crying Cat's arms, her cries getting louder as we go.

"Cat, we need to keep her quiet!" Rick whisper yells.

"I know Rick, I need to feed her and I can't exactly to do that as we walk!" Cat snaps.