Chapter 9

Cat's P.O.V
I try pulling myself up into a sitting position but struggle immensely. I can barely see over my massive stomach and I'm out of reach for anything to help me up. I try heaving myself up and I almost make it, but I fall back down onto the bed.

"Son of bitch!" I yell.

I hear running footsteps and soon Travis' concerned face fills my view, "What's wrong? Is it the baby? Are you hurt? Should I call Hayden? Should I-" he rattles off panicked.

"Travis shut up and help me up!" I snap.

He looks at me a moment before putting his arm behind my back, lifting me into a sitting position. I feel the baby press into my bladder and I groan in frustration.

"What is it?" Travis asks.

I keep my eyes shut and let out a huff, "I swear to God, if this baby makes me pee one more time I will scream." I say through clench teeth.

"It's nearly over Cat." Travis tries to reassure.

"I wish it was! I'm so sick of being pregnant!" I growl as he helps me stand up.

As we walk towards the door, Travis hands flutter over me and I grow frustrated, "I'm fine, I can do it myself!" I snap.

He looks taken aback for a moment but I'm too frustrated. I stomp down the hall towards the bathroom, barely fitting through the small hall.

"Cat? Are you okay?" Rick asks, getting up from his seat in the lounge room.

"I'm fine! I don't need you all hovering over me baby!" I yell, beginning to walk away.

I hear him walk up behind me as he places a hand on my shoulder, "Cat-"

"Leave me alone Rick!" I yell, waddling away.

I walk into the bathroom and slam the door shut, anger radiating throughout my body. But instead of shaking with anger, sobs rack my body. I lean against the sink and let the tears fall into the basin as I cry. I'm really mad and I don't know why. I think of Rick and how I snapped at him, my feelings turning to guilt. I sit down on the toilet and hold my head in my hands, still crying.

"Why am I such a bitch?" I whisper.

I get angry at myself and I slam my fist into the wall, pain radiating throughout my hand. I gasp in pain and cradle my hand against my chest. The pain begins to throb through my hand and I reluctantly stand up and open the door. The hallway is empty and I see no signs of anyone in the house. I walk down the halls and look into each of the rooms but find no one. I walk to back porch and see Hayden sitting at the table, his eyes scanning the area. I walk towards the door and step out onto the porch.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

He turns and looks at me, "On a supply run. Figured this place would be secure enough that only I had to stay behind." He shrugs.

"Really? Why?" I ask, taking a seat at the table.

He chuckles, "In case you go into labor Cat."

"Oh right." I mumble.

"How far away are they?" I ask.

He looks back out, "Not too far. About an hour or two away. They found an armoury and a grocery store that was pretty big. Rick thought they could split the group to cover more ground."

"Let's hope they come back with a heap of supplies." I say, stretching my hand out.

I hiss in pain and Hayden looks over, "What did you do?" He says, giving me a look.