Chapter 10

Daryl's P.O.V
"Okay, Tara, Noah, Carl go to the left. Daryl, Abraham and I will go to the right. Go slow and keep close together, I don't want anyone taking risks. In and out, got it?" Rick asks, looking between us all.

We all nod our heads and split off into our groups to search through the armoury. The others have gone to search the grocery store while we search the armoury. We walk silently, in formation so that in case anything happens, we are prepared. We enter the building and there isn't a lot left on the shelves. Rick and I begin to search the shelves while Abraham keeps watch. On the top shelf I see something and I reach up and grab it. I pull it down and see that it's a silencer so I add it to my bag.

I walk along until my catch something in the back. I approach cautiously, my crossbow aimed and ready. I take a closer look and I smile in relief. I walk forward and jump over the counter, retrieving the bolts from behind the counter. I look the over and see that they would roughly fit my crossbow. I tuck them in the bag and make my way back over to Rick.

"What'd you find?" He asks.

"Silencer and some bolts. What about you?"

"Not a lot, some bullets and a small hand gun. Might wanna see how the others are doing." Rick says.

"We better make a move, it's getting it'll be dark soon." Abraham states.

We walk around and meet up with Tara, Noah and Carl. They found some bullets, a couple of silencers and two small hand guns. We walk out of the armoury and make our way to the store. Glenn, Michonne and the others walk out with a couple of trolley's filled.

"Wow, you hit big!" Carl cries.

"Yeah, place seemed mostly untouched." Carol says.

"Even got some s'getti rings in there." Rosita says to Abraham.

"Well we better get back. Maggie and the girls are probably wondering where we are." Rick says, making our way back towards the car.

Maggie decided to bring Judith and Beth along so that Cat could have a proper rest. We knew it wouldn't be dangerous seeing as we scouted it out earlier. Soon enough we arrive back at the cars and we pack the groceries and supplies into the trunks. I hop in the front seat by Rick and we drive back to the house.

Around an hour later we reach the turn off to the house and we begin down the long drive. I stare down at my hands, picking at my nails when suddenly the car comes to a halt. I brace my arms and stop myself from flying into the windscreen.

"Fuck!" Rick yells.

I look up nod see the front yard filled with walkers and my heart stops beating. Cat. I throw open the door and begin to take down the walkers, the others following closely behind. My heart rate is speeding as I attempt to make my way into the house. I fight the, off until I make it to the front door and I kick it open.

"Cat!" I yell.

I hear nothing but the moans of the walkers outside and I rush down the hall to our room. I look in and see all our stuff still here but no sign of her.

"Cat!" I yell again, beginning to panic.

I walk towards the back porch and see walkers there with a few of them dead on the ground. I scan the tree line and see that a few of the branches are bent in, meaning they got out. I rush back to the front and see the others fighting off the rest of the walkers. One goes to reach for Travis and I stab it in the head with my knife.

"Where's Cat?!" Rick yells.

"Not in the house, they got out!" I yell back as I take down another walker.

"Alright, we take the last of these down and we follow after them!" Rick instructs, plunging his machete into a walker neck. I take down three more walkers and I see that they're all gone.

"Alright. Daryl, Carl, Abraham and I are going to go look for Cat and Hayden. The rest of you pack up this house and meet at the grocery store. We'll meet you there once we've found them!" Rick says.

He walks over and places a quick kiss on Judith's head before we make our way around the back of the house. I rush over to the trees and begin to track the way they went. The others follow closely behind, keeping an eye out for walkers. We walk for about ten minutes when I see that the leaves are all scattered erratically around the forest floor.

"They were here, something must have happened." I say, fear beginning to settle in.

I continue to follow the messy trail that's been left behind and with each step more dread and fear runs through my body. I stop and see that there are no more tracks to follow and my heart freezes.

"What's wrong?" Carl asks.

"There's no more tracks." I mumble, looking around wildly for any sign of them.

"What do you mean there's no more tracks?" Rick asks.

"I mean that there are no tracks to follow!" I yell.

"There has to be!" Rick yells back, pushing past me.

"How could you loose them? I thought you were a tracker!" Rick yells in my face.

"This isn't my fault Rick. Maybe if you didn't make us go on a useless run to the armoury then maybe I would have been here to protect her!" I yell at him.

He walks towards me, "You think this is my fault?" He sneers in my face.

"Cool it guys." Abraham says.

Rick in in my face now, "I've looking out for this group, I've been looking out for here. Where were you the last four months?"

"Man you gonna bring up this shit again?" I say.

"Yeah I am cause I've been taking care of her. What have you been doing besides moping around?" Rick says, tilting his head.

"Back off man, you don't know shit." I say, glaring at him.

"You were moping around thinking about yourself while I was taking care of your wife... Of your kid." Rick sneers.

"Dad stop." Carl says, stepping forward.

"Stay out of this." Rick says, glaring at his son.

He turns his head back and he looks into my eyes, "You need to grow up and face up and face your responsibilities Daryl. Without me, you wouldn't even have a wife."

I chuckle, "That's funny cause it seems to me that I'm the one with a wife. Where's yours Rick?"

We stare each other down and before I know it, Rick's fist has connected with my cheek and I fall to the ground.

"Stop it!" Carl cries.

I fly my fist and and connect it with Rick's jaw and he stumbles back from me. I get up off the ground and he makes a charge for me, tackling me to the forest floor.

"Abraham do something!" Carl yells.

Next thing I know Rick is pulled off me and Abraham stands between us.

"You two are acting like a couple a weak ass teenagers. As you are fighting we are losing light in finding Cat and Hayden. Both you grow up and get your asses back into gear. Think about Cat and Hayden instead of fighting like bitches." Abraham says, looking between the two of us.

I look over and Rick and meet his glare with my own. My face is throbbing and I can feel the beginnings of a head ache forming. It's at that moment when I hear a bloodcurdling scream coming from ahead of us.

"Cat." I say, getting to my feet and rushing forward.