Maze

Hoseok has never been a great actor. He gets caught every time he plays mafia. He played Among Us once and didn't last two minutes as the imposter. If he ever had a secret it was always written all over his face. So how can he spend the entire day with Taebin without giving off the impression that he's done something bad?

The juggling act only gets more difficult, which he knows is entirely his own fault. His own fault for giving in to Nari again on Wednesday, then going out for dinner and a movie with Taebin on Friday. His own fault for letting Nari into his apartment on Sunday knowing full well he wanted to be inside her again. His own fault for texting Taebin right after as if he wasn't laying naked next to his best friend after two rounds of heart stopping sex. And it's even more his fault for agreeing to meet Taebin's brother the following weekend when he knows it's going to be difficult to meet a member of her family when he hasn't been faithful.

He feels he's so fucking stupid. So fucking weak. So fucking conflicted. He can't tell the difference between his brain and his dick anymore. He feels like he's starting to lose control and he doesn't know what to do. Taebin is such a sweet person and he hates that he's sleeping with Nari behind her back. He hates it so much, but he can't find the power in him to stop. He can't find the strength to leave her but he also can't find the strength to accept a sexless relationship. He should have just stuck with looking for someone to fuck and not get caught up in a relationship because just as he figured, shit gets complicated.

He feels like he's walking on shaky ground Saturday when he walks up to the restaurant where Taebin is waiting with her brother. He could see them when he pulled in to the parking lot and his nerves immediately went to shit. Her brother is a tall guy with broad shoulders, almost the opposite of Taebin's petite build.

"Hey, babe!" Taebin greets Hoseok with a kiss as he approaches them at the front door. "This is my brother Seokjin. Seokjinnie this is Hoseok."

"Nice to meet you," he says. "You can just call me Jin." He smiles bright and shakes Hoseok's hand. His build may be a bit intimidating but his face is soft and inviting. Too bad that's not enough to ease Hoseok's nerves.

"Nice to meet you too," Hoseok says trying to mask the trembling in his voice.

"Let's go eat now," Jin says. "I'm starving!"

They go inside and once they're seated at their table Jin begins asking Hoseok many questions about himself. What does he do, where does he live, how long since his last relationship before he started dating Taebin. Jin must have noticed him getting a bit flustered after the 30th question and breaks into laughter.

"You don't have to be so nervous!" Jin laughs. "I don't bite!"

"Since when?" Taebin jokes.

The two of them banter a bit until Jin bursts into his infectious laughter that even has Hoseok smiling. Little by little he feels more comfortable and relaxed chatting with him about everything from their favorite shows to the latest movies and even video games, though Hoseok doesn't play much.

Jin has a daughter who he's incredibly proud of. She's 9 and looks nearly identical to him. He raves about how smart she is and how good she is at games. He loves to cook which seems to be a hobby that runs in the family.

He's quite a character and though they have a lot of differences, they still mesh very well. So much so that it makes Hoseok feel even more guilty about the huge secret he's keeping. He tries not to think much about it so he can focus on enjoying himself, but then the question comes up while they're midmeal.

"Are you treating her well?" Jin asks taking a bite of his shrimp.

"Of course he is," Taebin smiles before Hoseok can answer.