15

Thankyou all for your likes, comments and saves. I know I keep saying it but it means a lot.
Let me know what you like and where I can improve.

I'm hoping to now stick to my Monday and Friday update schedule. Hopefully I'll get a little ahead and can add another update day too.

*

He'd wondered if the kiss had affected her like it had him. He'd hoped his feelings were returned. He'd worried about if Elisia was humouring him to keep her job. He'd worried about that a lot.
He didn't expect to find his answer stood at his kitchen table on a random Friday night. So clear even a blind man could see.

Elisia seemed to have lost the ability to function. The moment she saw him, she'd turned a stunning shade of beetroot, she'd shaken so much while plating his food that at one point she looked at risk of injury. Then she'd stood there, like a deer in headlights.

A small vain part of him was enjoying this. Elisia was truly stunning and way out of his league. But here she was obviously so affected by him. His ego was feeling particularly stroked, and he wondered how quickly he could make her fall to pieces once he had her in his bed.

It had taken three attempts at calling her name before she'd responded, but before he could ask her to sit down and eat with them she'd come to her senses and disappeared upstairs to pack. 

Aaron chastised himself, he'd been enjoying himself at her expense, basking in her obvious struggle with her feelings, and now she was leaving, upset. All his hard work to finish up early on the jet, his planning, all was for nothing, and he could only blame himself.

He'd give Elisia some time. Jack was still explaining the rules to his new game and speaking at a million miles an hour.

"Hey buddy, do you think we should do something fun tonight?" He asked Jack who was more than excited and had barely noticed Elisia leave the table "How about bowling? Should we invite Ellie?"

*

He knew just how badly he'd messed up when he got to Elisia's room. She was angrily stuffing clothes into her backpack and from the hitch in her breath and the way her shoulders raised and dropped he could tell she was crying.

He needed to tell her how she was always welcome here, she didn't need to go, in fact he'd prefer it if she'd stay. He took her into his arms and placed a kiss to her forehead, the way he wished he could have outside the dry cleaners those few short weeks ago. He hoped she felt how much of 'something' this really was. There and then he promised himself he wouldn't make her cry again.

*

Bowling had been interesting. Elisia had been absolutely terrible. Ball in the wrong lane terrible. But she'd been a good sport and laughed along heartily at herself.
It had felt strangely normal spending time with her and Jack this way. The tension and awkwardness from earlier had melted away, it had felt natural to reach out and connect with Elisia physically. He'd held her hand while they waited their turn, rested his hands on her waist while she added up the score, he'd even tried to help her with her form, although that seemed to have made it worse, resulting in the ball in the wrong lane situation and all three three them in fits of laughter. It had all been reciprocated too, and when Jack fell asleep in the car on the drive home he felt Elisia's hand reaching for his on the gearstick.

It had been nice. But with Jack about they'd not had much chance to talk, and while he'd enjoyed Elisia's company he wanted more. Aaron wished that he could steal a little more of her time.
'She'd only agreed to bowling' he reminded himself as they pulled up outside Elisia's dorm. Her backpack was in the trunk, that had always been the plan, bowling then home.

"Well this is me" She sighed but made no move to exit the car.

"Yeah, it's been a nice night, thankyou for agreeing to come" Aaron placed a kiss on the back of the hand he was holding, this should have been goodbye but the hand just squeezed tighter, Elisia remained unmoving.

"Elisia?" He asked, she'd been sat still now for a few minutes, and while he enjoyed her company it was clear something wasn't quite right.

"Just give me a minute to think okay?" Her eyes screwed shut, the hand holding his squeezing tighter. Aaron waited and watched her internal struggle waiting for her to speak.

"If I come back with you, it doesn't mean we're going to have sex?" It was more of a question than a statement.

"Of course not" That wasn't what he wanted, not yet at any rate. It had been more than a while for him, and from her actions he was sure Elisia wasn't as sexually experienced as most of her peers.

"And I'm sleeping in my own bed" She now suddenly sounded more confident.

"Of course"

"Okay then" She took a deep breath and seemed to relax, mind made up. "Aaron, take me home."

"With pleasure." He responded, lightly smiling. He liked the sound of that, 'home'.

*

Jack was still snoozing in the back when they pulled onto the drive. It was already way past his bedtime and a sleepy Jack bid goodnight to Elisia before going upstairs with Aaron for bed.

After hopping into his PJs, brushing his teeth and a quick kiss goodnight Jack was tucked up in bed. Aaron sat holding Jack's hand waiting for him to fall asleep after his story.

'What now?' Aaron thought, the restaurant and bowling had been simple, there was a precedent set, actions to follow. This was new, there was no set plan of action here.

By the time Aaron got back down stairs he found Elisia curled up on the sofa, she was watching some reality TV show. She was utterly engrossed, Aaron took a moment to just watch her. She'd pulled her hair into a messy bun on top of her head and was now wearing a pair of large pink spectacles. She'd kicked her shoes off, her dainty bare feet were tucked under her.  She was magnificent, her eyes and nose scrunching as she laughed at the TV. He was glad she felt at home enough to make herself comfortable.

Aaron cleared his throat, returning the smile she gave him.

"Did he go down okay?" She asked

"Yes, although apparently you do the voices far better than I do, he told me your Gruffalo is something to behold." Aaron laughed.

"Ahh what can I say, I'm quite the Julia Donaldson enthusiast." She'd repositioned herself so she was fully facing him now, "So.. what do you want to do now?"

"I was thinking a glass of wine?" He asked "I've picked up a bottle of what we had at Carluccio's" He'd picked it up on his way home, it had seemed like a good idea at the time.

"Oo that does sound like fun, you have to pull your weight this time though?" She joked.

"I'm sure I can keep up with you since I'm not driving."

"Well that sounds like a plan."