11

Well it's ready early so you as well have it!

Thankyou to all the new supporters for your votes.

Please comment too and let me know how you're liking the story.

So let's see what Aaron thinks of their accidental meeting, and it's about time we introduce a couple of the BAU into the story.

*

He'd been in his own world when Elisia walked into him while he was doing a dry cleaning run. But as soon as they touched he felt that familiar spark. She still looked beautiful, she always looked beautiful, but he could see she'd had a rough morning, he was pretty sure she'd not showered and could still see the last remains of her eyemakeup, her hair was up, but didn't look brushed or styled. He'd been there before, as a college student and when he first practiced law. Hangovers were not fun.

It was a nice surprise to see her, he wondered how many times previously they'd almost run into each other before meeting properly. His happiness was short lived though when he saw her tears.

He'd held her instinctively,  not really sure if either of them had really given permission for this to happen, but he wanted to soothe her fears and comfort her, he longed to place his lips against her forehead and gently kiss away her worries, he wanted to show her he wouldn't do anything to harm her, how on earth could he fire her. Instead he settled on holding her face in his palms, wiping away her tears away with his thumbs and willing no more to fall.

He was relieved that he was able to make her smile, he hoped his offer of dinner didn't seem too direct, or date wise. Truthfully he didn't know what Monday really was, he didn't want to ruin it or scare her off by labelling it, but instead intended to dangle his toes in the water to see how a further offer might be received. He internally repeated what Jessica had said, he was allowed happiness.

It was obvious despite her smile, that she still wasn't fully comfortable, even though the tears had stopped. He guessed the combination of being caught feeling hungover and not well put together, combined with the tears had her feeling vulnerable and embarrassed.

Giving her a cheery goodbye he watched as she ran over to meet her friend. He smiled watching them embrace and turn their back on him to head into the diner, shaking his head and laughing as Carrie directed a thumbs up to him behind Elisia's back. He was glad she had such a good friend, and relived to know he was seeming to pass muster.

Aaron spent Monday morning praying a case didn't come in, determined to see Elisia. Half the team was away already interviewing two serial killers locked up in a secure unit. They hoped to learn more about how their childhood relationship with siblings had affected them. Siblings were usually not talked about, parents being the focus, and they rarely came forward themselves to discuss their murderous relations. Hopefully they interviews would provide useful insight.

He was spending time catching up on paperwork and providing preliminary profiles to forces who'd called asking for help. JJ was catching up on paperwork too, she seemed to have a neverending pile of fresh cases on her desk. While Morgan was providing refresher self defence training for agents who didn't see much field time, the course was his baby, despite spending most of his time with the team, training was a big part of his job and he relished the independence of it.

In the end a case didn't come in, they'd probably be called out tomorrow when they'd be back together as a unit and JJ had already lined up a couple of the most likely options they'd be attending.