6.

Elisia woke early the next day and got ready immediately. She crept downstairs her bag packed for the day, to ready breakfast and lunch for Jack.

She'd just finished packing his lunch and drinking her third cup of coffee when he came downstairs. Breakfast was demolished almost immediately and then with Jack ready for school off they went,this time the walk consisted of a run down of all Jack's favourite TV shows and the corresponding toys he had.  But as they started to approach s school Jack's grip on Ellie's hand got tighter and his bottom lip started go quiver. Once at school Elisia stood in her spot again, 'right Jack, don't forget I'll be right here for you at 3 when school finishes'

'You promise?' Jack asked, almost steeling himself.

'Yup, I promise and I don't ever forget, so I'll be here'. With that Jack gave her a squeeze and ran in.

A short bus and a train later and Elisia was back on campus and attending her first lecture. Luckily Fridays finished early so she'd be easily back before 3. As she settled into the lecture on English prose, she felt as if she'd achieved huge things.

She sent a couple more photos to Aaron to him know Jack had got to school safely, he replied quickly.

I'm hoping to be home sometime tomorrow, things here aren't progressing as we'd hope and there may be little else to so after then. Could you make sure Jack has his homework done before then. Have you got any plans for this evening? I'd like to speak to Jack if possible.

Aaron
_

No big plans here, just the playground on the way home and maybe a movie night. He'll be excited to here from you.

I'll make sure his homework is done.

Elisia xx

It would be fairly easy go continue looking after Jack and still attending lectures and the money Aaron was paying was generous.

Before her mind could run away with itself she reminded herself that she was here to cover for someone else, and that live in nannying was not what she'd wanted to fall back into, last time it had become so messy. The father at her last full time nanny job had attempted to get close to her, despite the fact he was already married. Life had turned into a constant battle of avoiding him, staying in her room and hiding, when things got physical she was kicked out by his wife and told that she was a whore.

But this time it would be different, Aaron didn't want a nanny around when he was, she'd never see him, and eveytime they spoke it was professional and to the point. It would be the perfect set up. Hopefully he'd be impressed with her work and make the arrangement more permanent.

*

Elisia found herself looking forward to collecting Jack, she'd planned their evening perfectly, they'd walk home through the park again, followed by homework and tea while waiting for Aaron to call, then they'd get into their PJ'S for a movie night on the pullout sofa with popcorn and snacks.

Elisia got to school her usual ten minutes early to wait for Jack. He ran out with a spring in his step once he saw her and their walk home through the park he was full of questions.

'Ellie do you know when Daddy is coming home?' He asked

'Actually he said he hoped to be home sometime tomorrow, but he's going to call you tonight.' Jack looked disappointed at this

'Does that mean you'll be going?'

'Yeah kiddo, when your dad gets back I'll go back to my house.'

'Will you come back again though?' He looked up hopefully, how did she answer that, she'd love to come back, Jack was a piece of cake, she'd enjoyed having a bit of privacy compared to her college dorm room and the pay was good, but it wasn't up to her...

'I don't know Jack, that's not my call. I'd be happy to though, I've had a really good time looking after you these past few days, you're the coolest kid I know' his face lit up at that, they continued their walk home.

As soon as they were home Elsisa text Aaron again

We're back home whenever you're ready, Jack's doing his homework while I fix tea.

Elisia x

-

'
She didn't know if she was expecting the phone to ring straightaway but it didn't, it didn't ring while Jack and her ate tea either, or during bath time. By the time they were both in PJ'S and settled on the sofa Elisia had completely given up on Aaron phoning at all, she'd been checking her phone every ten minutes, maybe there was something wrong with it.

'Sometimes he's too busy to call Ellie, don't worry, it's alright.' Jack sighed, but it obviously wasn't alright, his bottom lip trembled and his eyes were tearing up.

'Yeah, come to think of it he said he might call, if he wasn't too busy' Elisia started back peddling, 'he's probably catching the bad guy as we speak. Let's have our movie night yeah, do you want to help do the popcorn?'

Jack was a tough kid, he wiped his eyes, took a deep breath and that was it, he dove headfirst in helping make the jiffy pop and pulling out the sofa bed, his choice of movie was a surprise 'little rascals' had always been one of her favourites.

The movie was brilliant, Jack had fallen asleep halfway through so Elsisa pulled out her copy of 'Romeo and Juliet' they'd been studying Shakespeare and she had a few chapters to catch up on, making notes as she went in a separate notebook.

It has been a long day and her eyes were heavy, it wouldn't hurt to just close them for a few minutes before carrying Jack up to bed.