Chapter 16

Sept 14, 1208
Fort Rhetoria, Part of the Northern Qotan Defense Line
"Is this How this ends?"

A Qotan officer in his dirtied and bloodied uniform said as he spotted another wave of the Charatian Forces in the far distance approaching.

"What the fuck!"
"Is winning even possible."
"Shit!"
"I'm Out Of Here."

He could hear his men saying as they watched the next wave arrive.

They had been fighting for hours that they had expended the ammunition they were given and had to resort to brutal hand-to-hand combat.

In this part of the Defense Line which stretched for several kilometers, the Qotan Defenders numbered around 20,000 men and had to hold the onslaught of the 35,000 Charatian Soldiers.

But seeing that they had no more ammunition due to the intensity of the fighting. Surrender seemed the only thing necessary but before he could think of such a thing, his second of command whispered something that made him grin genuinely, which made his men get scared.

"What is he planning?"
"This is suicide."
"Does he want us to Suicide Charge?"

His men murmured as they reacted scared at his expression.

He heard that the reinforcements had arrived, and they explained that they had been bogged down and had to face resistance from Elven Rebels who were sympathetic to the Charatian Federation's cause.

"I want every man armed and get the newly arrived ammunition from the trucks!"

The officer said as he ordered his second command to retrieve the ammunition from the supply trucks.

He then gave orders to arm his men with rifles and ammunition. With orders to position themselves in the fortifications of the Defense Line.

Although many of his soldiers obeyed because they feared being punished by the MPs of the QRM.

Some had enough and resisted leading to gunshots erupting from their side of the fighting. As the men were shot for insubordination.

Charatian Northern Military Command
Regilia ,Charatia
Sept. 16, 1208

General Trichius's situation was getting grimmer day by day. Reports from the front that Fort Rhetoria still had not fallen were beginning to worsen the situation for the Charatians.

With the Fort Still standing, the Charatians could not split the Qotan and Billian border.

"What do you mean that the Qotans have new weaponry?"

The wrinkled general asked the information officer.

"Well, sir! Reports of this new weaponry from retreating soldiers were heard from the front. Also here are the photos you needed in confirmation."

The officer said as he gave the files regarding the new weaponry of the QRM to the old general.

The Officer then left the room.

The general then read the files and experienced a mixture of emotions such as shock and fear as he saw the new photgraphed weaponry which he could not disprove as the cameras used by the Charatian Military weren't prone to malfunctions and only a fool would disprove of such information.

(Fun fact: If we replace the Gra Valkas Empire with the Charatians. They might be able to force Japan to a stalemate. Despite their lower tech level.)

Having fully read the file he orders a withdrawal of the Northern forces under his command it was clear that this war was a lost cause therefore it would be pointless for his men to die in a pointless battle.