Chapter 4

Chapter 4 Part 1

May 18, 1208

9:00 a.m.

Kriegstanian Empire Capital
Parliament Building

A majestic building could be seen. From the outside, it looked beautiful and pristine. Inside of it was a large meeting place where the many officials worked. This was known as the Parliament building of the Empire. It was where meetings were usually held. It was the empire's symbol of power. Feared by both their enemies and allies.

(The Kriegstanian Empire is a constitutional monarchy. Where the officials of the Parliament will decide what decisions should the nation take. However, the king could still do what he pleases. For example, if the prime minister is incompetent, the power could be transferred to the king for better decisions.)

"So everyone, are all of the officials present?"

The prime minister named Joseph Wagner said sitting in his chair. Placing his hands on the table.

The officials present responded to his question with a nod in response.

"So if you are all wondering why all of you are here... Well, It is about the recent takeover of the Qota Elven Village. According to the intelligence Bureau, the men responsible for the takeover were men with musket-like weaponry."

The statement was greeted by gasps and surprise from the gathered officials.

"Also, we have managed to steal a bundle of at least 4 rifles from the unknown forces. Which we sent to the military arms research department for analysis... They also had some sort of Gatling gun however it had a different appearance while our Gatling guns had many barrels but their Gatling guns had one barrel however, that did not affect their firing rate. Any opinions on what to do with them."

He said as the 4 rifles captured were presented to the officials.

(Credits to owner)The officials were horrified at the news and the appearance of the musket

(Credits to owner)
The officials were horrified at the news and the appearance of the musket. It was clear that there was a competitor for their place as the 3rd superpower of the Altrainian Continent.

There was a brief moment of silence. When a man spoke.

"We could establish "peace" with them while also learning how their weaponry works so we could betray them later."

Taqiev of the Pro-peace Faction said.

"But we could just use force to destroy them before they can get too strong. Also, who knows if your plan will work. If they found out about the betrayal. They will launch a surprise attack on the empire. Also, they could encourage our colonies to rise and further cripple the empire."

Distal of the Pro-War faction said.

'Sure they have a much modern technology but we can use it against them if we could somehow reverse-engineer them... But It would take months if not years if it is highly complex.'