Chapter 7

June 30, 1208

"What do you mean the operation ended in a disaster?"

I said exasperated and shocked at the official who gave me such information.

There were only 2 ways, it could have ended this way. Either my troops were incompetent or more horrifyingly, which I secretly began to think, the Federation was arming its allies in preparation for something shocking a war.

"Well, sir our spies and agents from both countries failed to inform us of secret shipments of arms between the two nations."

The official said as he was equally shocked as I am.

"The Quinkin Forest Disaster was a military catastrophe for the Qota Republic, There were two factors that led to the Catastrophe. However, despite, the so-called disaster, The QAF still managed to deal some major damage to the Kriegstanian Empire."

-John Marston, Author of the 'Beginning of the First Altrainian Continental War'

Damn, I was a fool, I underestimated them I expected them to be like those caricatures from those stories, and how the fuck did they fail. But then again they are human, I was so obsessed with my powers that I became overconfident in their abilities. 

"Well, what's next?"

I asked trying to hide my frustrations.

"Mr. President, Well the Republic launched an emergency Altrainian Conference regarding such an attack. The Other countries are demanding the reason why we did such a thing. According to the Kriegstanians, we attacked their military bases intending to cripple them, Obviously being a major power, the nations were quick to believe them."

This just went from bad to worse. The other nations were demanding my head so after a few minutes of explanation, I dismissed him and called a meeting with the representative and diplomat I summoned from the WW1 Era (OC) his name was"Travis Fisher". 

Fisher was a charismatic man and intelligent man, possibly even outsmarting some of Hodgkin's officers. He was an excellent speaker and extremely popular. Although he was quite arrogant, he was not a fool. The reason why Hodgkins kept him was that he was loyal to the MC and was not interested in increasing his position.

"So Mr. President? What's the Problem?"

Fisher said in a calm and questioning tone.

Seeing my face, he easily read me like a book.

"So you seem to be in a pickle."

Initially, during that time, I summoned him. He easily knew that he was summoned. He surprised me with his deduction skills but I secretly expected it as Diplomats are usually intelligent.

"Yes I am"

I answered agreeing with his sentence. I was in a pickle.

I then explained everything.

"Oh, Dear."

He said his face morphing to that of concern while I was in the middle of explaining. Which was relieving considering I was not the only one bearing such a problem. 

"So I need you to go to such conference on July 10, 1208, and convince them that such actions were justified."

I continued, His face then contorted to that of a determined one.

"yes, Mr. President"

To be honest, I was quite weirded out when my troops or officials said my rank in high regard.  Most of them were in their 30s-40s and I was literally in my 20s. They achieved many things while I was still graduating from college. 

I then dismissed him and he left the room.

I sat in my chair and thought about the future. Finally thinking about one thing I missed 'Magic'.

I began my brainstorming.

Magic is a usual fantasy of isekai books every book I read has Magic, what is magic you may ask is the use of powers via incantations. To control it you will need mana. At least that is what I thought when I was first sent to this world.

You may ask why I am thinking about such a useless question when I am in this new world. Who even am I to answer such a question? Well, to answer your doubts I am James Hodgkins and I am the one in this situation. Many things I read on earth are isekai tropes. Tropes regarding a combination of 'mc transported a to a new world with magic.' But in this world, magic does not exist or at least I thought so as we haven't even encountered spells or curses.

You may be wondering what I may be doing as I am thinking such a question currently I am in my office. In reality, it is nothing more than a large Normal House in the 1930s surrounded by Elven Houses in the process of being renovated.

One thing you might ask is why not summon a large capital building, one it is easily infiltrated, worse how can the Qota Republic build such a large building in a month? Two, largeness means more points to be guarded and finally to maintain my clandestine operations. I cannot allow other countries to know that I am a teenage leader of major power and that I could summon military technology or any of that matter. It will lead to an arms race. Hell, I don't even know if I could trust the Billians with this matter understandably since they are our only allies for at least a week and they will likely drag us into a war with the Charatians. Most military technology summoner books, I read, it is about the MC using his technology summoned to bring down other powers as they are just dumb medieval caricatures. Except that this was when I was summoned, most opponents I might meet are not fools. For example, look at the Kriegstanians a mixture of the 18th century French and British, add with a mix of technology of the 1890s. Their leadership are not fools that can easily be fooled into attacking sure they might be overconfident and arrogant but they are not fools, they're smart enough to lick their wounds and choose peace.

Now the Northern Alliance, they mostly are minor nations wielding technology of years 1700-the 1750s. Surprisingly slavery is almost non-existent in this continent. 

James then proceeded to this think about other stuff mainly regarding the continent and his possible future.

(AN: I mean seriously, who would not think of your future when you are in a fantasy world.)

Fisher's Pov:

Initially when I was summoned. I did not believe the President's words regarding his summoning me.  I mean look at the lad. He is still around his 20s, he is still attending college while I and the men he summoned have had many achievements. You may ask why am I loyal to this young man. Well, to be honest, he is not like many I met, he is trustworthy and someone I could share my opinions with. Back in my old life, there were often topics being easily dismissed by my superiors, I was not even allowed to share my opinions as my job was only 'diplomacy'. The second reason why I'm loyal to him is the same as the other men he sent here through his so-called 'System', there is this strong connection that secretly urges us to obey his orders, which is strange. But still, you may think that I am putting too much faith in such a young man. Except no I am not, instead I am merely trusting him but should he fail, be negligent or abandon his duties. He must be replaced.  You may think I am disloyal but no I only care for the people in this newly-created nation.

I eventually stopped my train of thought as I entered the Ministry of Foreign Affairs building.

Charatian-Qota Border.

Currently, fortifications are being built on the border, with the strongest parts on the Charatian and Kriegstanian borders. They resembled and are compared in strength to the Maginot Line of France. With any weak points being heavily guarded with machines guns and artillery.

"Hey mate you think that this will be successful in defending against those Tripartite bastards?"

A British soldier asked his comrade, an elf wearing a British Interwar uniform.

"Not sure? On one hand, I know from my experiences living there that the Kriegstanians are smart bastards but still we gotta be vigilant who knows what will happen in the future? Now let's continue our patrol."

The Elven soldier said as he and the other soldier continued their patrol.

Chapter END