Chapter 10 NC

July 10, 1208
Qadriatic Sea, Off the Coast of the Charatian Federation

Atop the Aircraft Carriers of the Fleet, most of the torpedo bomber aircraft were being readied for the strike.

After at least a few hours, they were now ready. The pilots then enter their cockpits and throttle the engine.

The torpedo bombers were the Famous Fairey Swordfish infamous for sinking the Bismark. As the First aircraft was launched, the men atop the deck were either maintaining the ship or readying the AA guns for a possible Charatian Response or attack.

The Attack was divided into Four Sections: Airgroup Alpha would attack Thalia, Airgroup Bravo would attack strike Lexia, and Airgroup Charlie would bomb the Callius Islands.

Naval Base, Thalia, Charatian Federation

People could be seen reading newspapers, children were seen playing, and the naval crew could be seen readying the warships for a possible attack on the Qota Republic.

Suddenly, a loud whizzing sound would be heard causing most civilians near the bases to flee. Fearing for their lives as they know that an air attack will occur. The Naval sailors, were panicking and quickly rushed to mann the Anti-Air guns strewn out and spread out around the base, in order to prepare a defense against the bombers.

For one Soldier, one Sgt. Larius what was thought to be a peaceful day was going to turn into a nightmare. Seeing the bombers, he was filled with panic and adrenaline as he quickly rushed to mann any AA ordnance he could find.

'Fuck!, fuck!'

He swore in his mind.

There were at least more than 50 aircraft some were bombers, while some were interceptors that escorted the torpedo bombers. From the insignia, he could identify they were from the Qota Republic's Airforce, specifically the Naval Branch.

Finding one being manned by one soldier, he quickly helped him load the AA gun with bullets to fire on the oncoming aircraft.

"Fire"

He said as the gunner fired on the diving aircraft, hitting several and destroying at least 3 of the attacking aircraft.

However, it attracted the attention of one of the fighter aircraft escorting leading to it strafing the AA gun with bullets, turning the man operating it into swiss cheese or a beehive. Instantly killing the operator.

"Jesus Christ."

One of the injured operators swore as he saw the state of the poor operator who was instantly killed in the strafing attack.

Thinking quickly, Sgt Larius quickly operated the still 'intact' AA gun with the intention of seeking vengeance against the attackers.

Shooting at one of the low-flying Swordfish attempting to torpedo the already burning but not sinking cruiser the CFS Pillxium.

Pulling the trigger, the AA gun quickly shot at the aircraft causing it to fire lead on the Bomber. Filling its left wing with lead while injuring the Pilot in the arms causing it to swerve it seemed that the wingman attempted to warn the pilot but was too late in addressing it.

A few minutes ago

"Well looks like all hell is being unleashed on the Charatians. You gotta feel sorry for them."

The wingman said looking at the state of the Naval fleet and base. While feeling a bit sorry for the enemy.

But then again they were planning to attack the country so it was either them or the Enemy and he already chose the lather.