💜Time is Malleable - Pt 2

Donnie x Time!Traveler Reader
Fluff // Short
________________

Donnie raises both brows, then furrows them in a suspicion. "You're from the future, aren't you?"

You let out a quiet sigh. "Yeah, I am."

"Fascinating. What year?" He asks.

"2076.." you reply shyly.

"Woah, tell me more!"

"You're intrigued? But why? I thought Casey was from this time," you say as you tap away at your wristband.

Donatello gently pushes your arm down to make you look at him. "He was sent here by future Mikey, via his mystic portal. You however... how did you get here?" He asks quizzically.

"With this!" You hand him the time travel device. "It doesn't have a name yet in my time. It was just invented."

"Incredible! But I still don't understand something. You're from 53 years from now.. which means I would possibly still be around. Old, of course, but still alive. Unless..." he looks to you for an answer.

"I can't tell you what happens to you in the future. Time is extremely sensitive. Even the smallest interference can cause an extraordinary amount of damage."

You want to tell him so badly. From what you've read about him and the pictures you've seen of him... you fell in love with him. You. Love. Him.

He sighs. "I understand. Science."

You nod your head and smile. "Ya know, Donatello-" he cuts you off, "Please, call me Donnie."

"Okay, Donnie... I can tell you this. Everyone in New York from my time know who you are and everything you've done for this city. They all love you."

His face brightens. "How?"

"Casey Jones, he wrote a book about you guys in 2038! He even had photo proof of everything he said in the book. That's how I know about you." You smile, causing his heart to pound in his chest.

"Interesting. I always knew people would love me," he smirks, putting a finger to his chin. You giggle at his confidence.

He inspects the tech you gave him moments ago, lowering his goggles to examine it closer. "This is some tasty tech. Who invented it? Was it me?" He asks with a big goofy grin on his face.

"No, it wasn't you... this time," you say as you snatch it back out of his hands.

"Then who was it?" He asks.

"Do you remember that genius kid, Baxter Stockman?"

"I remember a Baxter Stockboy... not a Stockman," he replies.

"His real name is Baxter Stockman, but his online profile was Baxter Stockboy," you explain.

"Okay... but he's in kid-genius jail?" Donnie looks extremely confused, like the concept of time travel has completely left his mind.

"Well, he's released 22 years from now, and he invents this contraption."

You could see his 'ah' moment, and it makes you giggle almost silently. Donatello is everything you thought he'd be, and so much more. You can feel yourself falling for him even more.

"You don't seem like a threat... come on, let me show you the lair," he reaches his hand out to you, and you happily take it.

He guides you into this gigantic space with a skate ramp and multiple layers of rooms and corridors.

"Woah! I've read about this place in Casey's book... he mentioned an awesome secret lair but I did not expect this amount of awesomeness!" You're astonished, and your amazement is adorable to the purple turtle.

"Just wait until you see my lab!" He says joyously.

He presses a button on his tech wristband, unlocking and opening the heavy purple metal doors in front of you.

You walk in, and start to gawk at all the incredible tech around you. "Woah— I know that you're an inventor but... I didn't know you were this talented, Donnie!"

"What's this?" You ask excitedly, knowing what it is. You just want to hear him talk.. you love his voice.

"That's my drill! It's out of beta now... I still have to figure out exactly what to do with it now."

"Oh! What's this?" You point to a wall with many different gadgets.

"Those, y/n, are my battle shells," he clicks a button on his shell to pop it off. "As you can see, I'm a softshell turtle, which mean I need extra protection in combat."

"Oh, yeah! I read about that!" You smile ear to ear.

Donnie feels very prideful that you're interested and amazed by his priceless creations. He's starting to feel something for you... something he's never felt before.

He leans against a desk in the back of the lab, and you sit in the swivel chair.

"Hahah! You seem very impressed. But anyway... yes— I am very talented..." he goes on a huge rant about his inventions and how his brothers don't appreciate them.

"You're amazing, Donnie." You say as you put your hand on top of his. He looks at you with a red tint in his cheeks and a shimmer in his eye.

"I— Uh... thanks, y/n," he stutters, smiling softly.

You panic internally once you realize how close your faces are... mere inches apart. You glance at his lips, and he does the same.

"W-What— Uhm... what's that?" You panic, your face burning red hot.

"T-That... That's Shelldon's charging port. He's uh... he's around here somewhere if you want to meet him.

"Y-Yeah.. that sounds great," you reply shyly.