Chapter 5: Assembly Time

3rd POV

"Thanks, I really appreciate the help."

"Even with all your tentacles you still can't carry everyone's lab equipment all at once!"

"But now it'll be a one trip job!  You truly are dependable.  It's only natural that your class officers," In the storage room, Kataoka and Isogai helped Koro-Sensei carry the lab equipment to the classroom.

"You could've done it in multiple, Mach-speed trips just as easily, though."

"No, no.  Having some helping hands makes this all the merrier."

"--Tell me, sir."

"--Yes?"

"Do you feel at home in our E Class now?"  Isogai asked.

"Oh, you're seriously asking him that?"  Kataoka looked towards Isogai, teasing him.

"Yes.  I very much enjoy being your teacher," Koro-Sensei began heading out of the storage room.

"That's weird."

"Is it?"

"Of course it is!  A bizarre creature like you, in charge of us?  It's just a matter of getting used to it, I guess."

"You actually teach us.  I'd say that makes you borderline okay."

"I guess so," Isogai smiled at Kataoka.

As Koro-Sensei opened the classroom door, Okajima, Maehara, and Mimura began another assassination attempt, trying to stab at him.  Koro-Sensei dodged them, catching the science equipment in midair as they chased after him.

"Even if you are an assassination target," Koro-Sensei grabbed the boxes Isogai and Kataoka held and began setting up the lab tables, still dodging their attacks.

"That's a vital detail!  Be sure not to forget it!"

When the octopus finished setting up the tables, the three boys sat back to back, exhausted, "He actually finished prepping while dodging three knives at once..."

Isogai walked up to his friend as the bell rang, "You okay, Maehara?"

"Y-Yeah..."

Koro-Sensei laughed as Karma looked at the three boys, "You know a sneak attack that simple just isn't gonna cut it."

"All right!  Let's begin our lesson!"  The octopus began walking towards the front of the class.  He passed by Okuda, who was deep in thought.

•••

Inside a beaker with a pink rope candy, Koro-Sensei began adding a clear liquid, which changed to a shade of red, leaving the students shocked.

"It's bright red...", Koro-Sensei pulled out the candy.

"All right!  And that concludes our experiment to extract artificial coloring...", Koro-Sensei moved at Mach 20 and snatched the snacks from each student, "...from snack food!  I'll be taking the leftover snacks now!"  He disappeared, hiding the snacks from his students and smirked proudly.

"What?!"

"We bought those ourselves!"

"He used this as an excuse to swipe snacks 'cause payday isn't until tomorrow," Maehara muttered.