1. Flight Home

Snow falls freely from the sky on a cold December evening.

It coats everything with a crystal white blanket that shines like stars in the night sky when the moon hits it just right.

Christmas lights decorate anything that will stand still long enough to be covered making the city dance to life with colors of red and green.

It's that time again. Christmas, two weeks before to be exact.

The crimson eyes of a tall well built 22-year-old blonde male take in the scene from a window at the airport where he waits for his flight.

Intense scarlet eyes glance down at his phone checking the time when he hears the voice of a college friend Skyler.

" Hey, Bakugo! I thought you said you weren't going home this year."

The blonde turns to meet the happy, smiling grey eyes of his buddy.

Large shoulders shrug as Katsuki leans back on the window crossing his arms over his chest.

" I wasn't going to, wasn't supposed to. I was just going to hang back here and work during break, but the trucking company I load shit for decided to close for the shitty holidays, so a couple of friends from back home along with my Hag and old man pestered me into coming home for a week or whatever."

Skyler chuckles at his friend while fixing the duffel bag over his shoulder.

" Why so grumpy man? It's Christmas! You're going home and getting away from school and work to hang out with friends and family and get in on all that Christmas loot!"

The blonde rolls his eyes shifting his sights out the window.

Skyler raises a brow then a light laugh and an all-knowing grin suddenly takes over.

" Oooh, now I remember. It's that guy, right? Your childhood friend who you laid the moves on last year but it never went anywhere?"

There's an ache in Katsuki's chest that hit so fast and hard that it took even him by surprise.

He clears his throat trying to push past the feeling that's just invaded his senses.

" Tch, it's got nothing to do with that nerd."

Skyler laughs again continuing to taunt his college friend.

" I call bullshit. You were all pissy for like months after you came back and didn't hear from him, and every relationship you have tried to get into since you've ended almost as soon as it started"

The blonde groans with annoyance as he runs a hand through his hair.

" The fuck does that have to do with anything?!"

The grey-eyed male smiles as he takes a step forward to the always angsty blonde, putting a hand on his shoulder.

" Man, you are so blind. This guy is the one who got away, the one nobody else will ever be able to compare to. He's the one you want and somehow lost without even realizing how bad you wanted him in the first place."

That ache inside Katsuki grows with every word Skyler speaks, but he refuses to let it show.

" You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Deku isn't the one or whatever, that kiss I gave him last year was a drunk one after he and I had been busting on each other all night was more to just fluster to him. It was never met to go anywhere, the fact that I didn't hear from him when I got back doesn't mean shit"

The words come out easily, the lie sounding so sure like he actually means what he just said.

Skyer shakes his head with a sigh and a smile.