Chapter Eighteen

The next morning, the wedding party was up bright and early for breakfast, and pictures. Helena wanted a documented photo album of the entire trip. Thankfully that didn't include me or the kids, so we got to sleep in a little bit, and have breakfast by ourselves on the back porch.

"What are we doing today?" Orson questions.

"Well, I was thinking we go into the city and go see some museums—Florence has a lot to see," I tell them.

"And we can have pizza! We are in Italy!" Matilda tells them.

"We'll wash up and get dressed, and go out after everyone else leaves for the day, how does that sound?" I question.

"Good!" the two say.

"Ah! There you are," Sadie sighs, stepping out onto the porch followed by Nancy. "Sleeping in I see,"

"We were needed for the photo-opt, I checked in with Hailey," I tell her. "Is there something you need?" I say while turning back to Embry who was enjoying her eggs and toast.

"I just wanted to let you know to get the kids ready, we're all going into the city," Sadie says.

"Oh—I thought we'd be separate from the wedding party," I start.

"What would make you think that? Misha's kids should be with Misha," Sadie says, giving me a narrowed look. "You all should be ready in an hour," she states, before turning on her heel and returning inside.

"Great—" Matilda slumps against the table.

"That doesn't mean we're not going to have a good time! They're still walking around the city, maybe we can slip away into the museums" I tell them. "We're still going to have a good day," I tell them. "Now let's finish breakfast,"

After breakfast, we return upstairs to our room and get ready for the day. I get Embry dressed in a nice sundress and walking shoes so her feet wouldn't hurt, and I took down her braids and combed out her curls pinning in her back with a big bow. After Matilda and I get dressed Matilda in a bright yellow sundress that made her look like a preschool teacher, and I dressed like I pick wine berries for a living, we meet everyone downstairs.

"Well don't you look just adorable," Jasper says, looking down at Embry. "All of you," he winks at Matilda and me.

"Oh, stop being a pig," Casper hisses, stepping to my side.

"Oh, boo no fun, I need some entertainment," Jasper says.

"Jasper," Mac says, and he puts his hands up. Jasper straightens up, stepping to Scott's side, who stood dutifully next to his wife.

"I expect you two to be on your best behavior," Juliette says, stepping in front of me and the kids. Orson gives me a side eye, before giving a slight grimace to Juliette.

"They'll be on their best behavior, you don't have to worry about that," I say, and she looks up at me.

"They better be," she whispers.

"Ma—Come on," Misha calls, while heading out of the building followed by Sadie and Nancy. Juliette turns following them out of the building and we're the last to leave.

"What's up everyone's ass—"I mutter to Casper who shrugs.

"Everyone is always on edge around you and the kids—I don't know what it is," he hums, before giving looking at me for a second.

"It can't be that" I whisper.

"I didn't say it was," he says. I push Embry and Orson ahead towards the car, giving Matilda a look, and she dutifully walks ahead. I pull Casper back, giving him a look.