Chapter Twenty- Four |

"Sonny! Sonny!" Embry squeals, both her and Orson rushing from the house into the garden. Even though it's a little cold, I sit out with Eris who is relentless in making sure her garden thrived. She snipped away, pulling at weeds, and cutting away imperfections.

"Hey, guys!" I wave. Embry crashes into my legs, and I pull her into me.

"Why are you here? Are you coming back?" Orson questions.

"No, not really but I talked to your father, and thought it was best if I came and visit you guys here and there," I tell them, Orson gives me a pointed look, cocking his head to the side.

"You know Sadie left last night," he states as if he was suggesting something.

"Oh really?" I swallow.

"And that means no boarding school," he says.

"That means no boarding school," I nod. Eris pauses giving me a pointed look just like Orson, and I return the gaze. She chuckles to herself before returning to her garden.

"Are you keeping something from me?" Orson questions and I look back at him.

"No," I tell him. "I just want to make sure that you don't try any escape acts anymore, it's clear your father is trying to do better by you," I say.

"Oh himself," Orson says. "To try and get back into your good graces as well," Orson says, which makes Eris giggle again.

"How about we go get a snack yeah? I've been out here all day and I'm getting cold," I quip, giving Eris a look before standing up, and holding Embry to me. Orson stops with the questions, turning and heading back towards the house. I carry Embry inside who holds me close to her as if I was going to disappear.

We make our way inside, and Orson bounces happily into the kitchen much to the shock of the kitchen.

"Ah, Ms. Daniel's you've returned!" Pascal states.

"Only visiting," I say.

"Supposedly us," Orson says, giving me a side look, and I return the look.

"What's on the menu today," I question, looking back over at Pascal.

"I've cut up some fresh fruit for the kids, that should hold you two over until dinner, yeah?" Pascal questions.

"It sounds delicious, we'll take it in the playroom upstairs," I say.

"Okay," he smiles.

Orson is relentless with the side eyes, and the questions. I once again underestimated his smarts and ability to catch on to things. We sit in the playroom and Embry is immediately immersed in her TV show, while Orson sits next to me.

"You should have seen it," he tells me.

"Seen what?" I question.

"The grand exit, I don't know where Father was," Orson says giving me a side look. "But she was loud, and she was angry, Juliette helped a bit, before just waiting in the car, It was a whole ordeal—Jackie tried to keep us from it, but I snuck anyway," Orson says.

"Orson," I chide.

"What? She would have been front row to our exit," Orson says. "Whatever the reason, I'm glad that man came to his senses," Orson says, Pascal comes with the fruit bowl, and Orson joins Embry in front of the TV to watch some cartoon dog show.