The Boys and Princess AJ

The Boys and Princess AJ, in which there are parties to attend, fun to be had, and mommies to dance with.

CURLY

Just like when we first met her, AJ sat next to me in the car in her fancy dress (this time it was purple) and swung her legs to the beat of the song pumping through the speakers. She went on and on about how much she loved dressing up and parties. I told her that I liked parties too. 

The only difference was that this time, Sienna was right behind me, in the back with Louis and Zayn. Sienna was wearing a dress too, a tight, short, satin one that Louis couldn't seem to stop eyeing (I have already kicked him in the shin for staring too long). I liked the feeling it brought when AJ explained to me that she wanted to dance with me most, because last time we went to a party, I wasn't around all that much. I agreed.

"Is this party going to be like the other one?" AJ asked. Zayn told her yes. "Is there going to be ice cream?" Zayn told her yes. "Do you think they'll play fun songs?" Niall told her yes. "Are there going to be grown ups and kids and teenagers?" I told her yes.

When the car stopped, AJ literally leaped out of her seat. Niall opened the door for her, and she jumped out and onto the street, bouncing on the balls of her feet in excitement. I laughed and followed her and Niall as they ran down the sidewalk to the front door. 

"Whoa, curb your enthusiasm, Haz," Zayn joked, sliding his arm over my shoulders. "Not in a partying mood?"

"No, I've just been thinking a bit about AJ," I said truthfully. Zayn held the door for me and led me straight over to the bar. We both took seats on stools, ignoring the dance floor altogether. 

"She seems a bit keen on growing up," Zayn said. "I hope she doesn't ask to buy a bra or something. It was hard enough when my sisters went through that."

"She's only seven," I reminded him.

"Yeah, but she won't be seven forever," Zayn said. He leaned over the bar and waved his hands around like a maniac. Getting a drink is much harder to do when you're a guy. "Oi! Can you just give me two shot glasses and a bottle of scotch?"

"Do you reckon we'll be around long enough to see her stumble through puberty?" I asked, pulling Zayn back onto his stool; he looked about ready to slide over the bar and get the scotch himself.

"I hope so," Zayn said with a smile. "It won't be that long anyway; girls mature faster than boys."

"I think I'll appreciate teenage AJ," I said. "Or, Adrienna. Whichever she prefers."

"She'll be back to AJ before you know it," Zayn assures me.

"Will you dance with me, Zayn?"

"Well, we're not getting a drink anyway, so, sure," Zayn huffs. I got off my stool and led the way onto the floor. I didn't particularly like the song or anything; I just didn't feel like sitting around, hunched over a half-empty bottle of gin.

"What song is this?" Emma wondered, pulling me into a hug. I laughed, because this was so not Emma's scene, and by the end of the night, she'd probably have Liam sitting at the bar with her, playing a Noughts and Crosses tournament. 

"I think it's by Rihanna," I offered unhelpfully. 

"I don't think I've ever heard it. Have you seen-"

"Liam?" I asked. Emma nodded and smiled. "He's over by the speakers with Niall, I think."

"Oh, well I'll leave him be," Emma said with a smile. "You don't seem to be in a partying mood?"