The Bus Drivers

The Bus Drivers in which we watch a movie,  bleed, and pick AJ up from school.

IRISH

We've only been with AJ for a couple hours and we've already lost her. We went a few days without losing her before, but Sienna keeps distracting Louis. I mean, it's the reason he lost his sword fight with Liam, the reason he missed my brilliant pun about crossing swords, and the reason AJ slipped out of our sight. I know Sienna's fit and everything, but they also don't get along at all. That's pretty much a recipe for disaster. Nothing drives Lou crazy more than people that don't agree with him. He's going to put all his energy into making her like him.

"AJ!" Sienna calls out. She's panicking, and frankly, so am I. I'm not sure how Liam and Harry are so calm right now, but as they walk around together, asking people if they've seen an unmistakeably ginger little girl wearing a Ramones t-shirt and a pair of khakis, they're cool as cucumber finger sandwiches. Meanwhile, I'm about as hot as a tea kettle, and if I keep pacing back and forth like this, I'll probably burn straight through the expensive carpet.

"Excuse me," an unfamiliar Scottish accent asks. "This wouldn't happen to be your little girl, would it?" I look up and see the princess from the show, and to her left is AJ, smiling widely up at her. "It's just that you were the only person freaking out, and I figure she must belong to you."

"AJ! What has Daddy Liam said about running off?" I scold. I walk over and scoop her up into my arms.

"Daddy.. Liam? So you're-" the princess starts to say. 

"Oh! Nialler! Thank goodness," Liam says, walking over quickly. "Princess from the show?" he asks with a smile. He holds out his hand for her to shake. "I'm Liam."

"Beatrice," she replies. "So are you two, like..?" Beatrice motions back and forth between Liam and me.

I feel my eyes go wide and shake my head quickly. "No! No! No! Best mates," I clarify. "And exceedingly straight."

"Oh," Beatrice says with a smile. I wink at her, and I can see Liam pull a face out of the corner of my eye.

"AJ! Where'd you get off to?" Sienna wonders, appearing next to me. I hand AJ over, which frees up my hands to shove awkwardly into my pockets as I try a little bit too hard to look cool. Liam elbows me in the ribs and clears his throat, nodding to the door.

"We'd best be off then," I say instantly. "Sienna?"

"Yeah," Sienna says. She has a mischievous grin playing out on her face. "To yours,"  she adds with a nod. I feel a grin appear.

"Let's watch Top Gun!" I cheer.

"No, Nialler, we're letting the ladies pick the movie," Harry says, joining us. He and Zayn are wiping at each other's faces; both of them have dessert all over their cheeks. 

Louis sighs a breath of relief when he sees AJ in Sienna's arms. "Jeez, Little Lady, you about gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry," AJ says. "I just wanted to meet myself from the future!"

"What?" Sienna asks.

Liam holds up his hand. "My fault." He hangs his head in shame. "I told her during the show that the princess was her, all grown up, from the future."

"Liam," Louis sighs. He shakes his head and wraps an arm over Liam's shoulders. "Well, let's get shaking. Before while it'll be too late to watch that movie."

"Zayn, you're on tea duty," I say. I tap him on the head and dash off, dragging Harry with me.

"Uh-uh, no way! I refuse!" Zayn says. He grins and lunges at Liam, who he jabs in the stomach. "Liam's on tea duty!"