Chapter Twenty-Four

Hey FWWLovers!

Thank you so much for not abandoning this story after its hiatus!

Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy this story and this new UneditedBecauseImTooLazyToDoIt chapter! Vote and comment:)

Enjoy xD

From Wattpad With Love

Chapter Twenty-Four

I squinted my eyes at the ground. I was still standing outside the school entrance where I'd bumped into Kylie. She went into the school straight after she introduced herself, and I was left there, wondering what the shiney, blue object on the ground was. I knelt down to pick it up, and as I got a closer look, I started to appreciate its simple beauty. It was a mere hair-clip; a burette. It must have been Kylie's since I found it right where she was standing. I figured I'd keep it with me and give it to her when I saw her again, and in the slight chance that it didn't turn out to belong to her, I'd hand it in to the school's 'Lost & Found'.

I walked up the few steps leading to the school entrance, and hurried to make it to Sociology class before the bell rang. When I arrived, I saw Mrs. Miranda standing outside talking to a fellow teacher about, judging by what I gathered, a delinquent student. She was still holding her books which meant that she hadn't entered the classroom yet.

I slowly tip-toed my way into class before she noticed my absence, and grabbed the first -and only- vacant chair I found. Mission accomplished, I thought to myself. I felt like such a spy. Yeh, I was lame; always was, always will be, but it didn't hurt to feel like a superhero every once in a while, to think that there were beings who faught for the balance of good and bad in the name of justice. But for every hero, there was a villain, and mine was known only as KingCameron.

I couldn't help but worry about him showing up at the carnival. Not that I would know, or be able to stop him for that matter. That was when I realized. KingCameron was free to kiss Rebecca withot anyone -me- stopping him. I could feel the blood boiling in my veins. Even if he hadn't done it yet, I was ready to end him.

After school was out, Rebecca joined me for her final driving lesson of the week. Yes, it was Friday; one day before the carnival.

"I'm so excited about tomorrow!" she said, exiting the school parking. It took a few days, but she'd actually gotten so much better than she was before. She still did need more practice before her driver's lisence test the next day.

"Yeh, I am too," I muttered reluctantly. How could I have been excited for something I'd been dreading all week? "By the way, when exactly is your driver's test? What time, I mean?"

"The written test starts at ten in the morning," she said, pausing so check for incoming cars before making a shard U-turn, "and ends at eleven," she continued.

"The carnival starts at half past eleven, though. Will you be able to make it on time?"

I hated myself for secretly wishing there would be something to delay her arrival to the carnival.

"No, I have the practical test after the written one, and I have to wait for my turn and then actually do the test. So, all in all, I think it'll be two hours until I finish the whole thing; both written and practical. I've talked to Mrs. Barnes about it, and she told me that it was alright if I were a little late."

"Great," I lied. How I wished Mrs. Barnes had told her not to bother showing up.

"You'll have to manage the kissing booth on your own until then," she winked.

"I think I'll survive," I faked a smile.

"Well, here we are! Thanks again for the lessons. Wish me luck," she said, then gave me a peck on my cheek. I wondered if she'd felt it go red.