Chapter Twenty-Three

Hey FWWLovers!

Thanks for the crazy awesome support on the previous chapter! It means the world!

Sorry for not updating sooner, but I'm in the middle of taking my mid-terms plus applying to colleges and picking majors and getting everything ready. So, it's been a stressful couple of weeks!

I'm not going to keep you waiting, here's the new UNEDITED chapter! Enjoy xD

From Wattpad With Love

Chapter Twenty-Three

I leaned back in my seat. Mrs. Chesterfield was babbling on and on about a South Korean war. As always, I wasn't listening to a word she was saying. I was thinking about Saturday. The Carnival, Alan, then Grace's party after that. How was I going to do it all?

Now that I knew for sure that KingCameron was a student in this school, specifically from Civics class, the idea of him being anywhere became hard to repudiate. Cameron could be anyone. Cameron could be Jessy for all I knew, or David, or Alex, or Juano, the Mexican janitor. I felt a sweat on my forehead. My heart was pumping fast. I looked at my fellow classmates. I glared and sized each and every one of them. I felt the daggers of the stare I was giving them, trying to see who fit the profile of a psychotic, stalking, Rebecca-obsessed freak. The only person whose description I found fitting to those characteristics, however, was...me.

I had buried myself in a pit so deep, and I was going to run out of air soon or later. The situation had become so complex. It wasn't just about finding out who Cameron really was. I still had to surpass the small fact that I'd been lying to Rebecca for the past few months, but the latter was just a detail; a very huge, relationship-changing detail.

"Who knows why South Korea was attacked, and not North Korea?" Mrs. Chesterfield's voice interjected my thoughts.

"Because green beans, the chief export of Korea, only grew in the North! So, they needed it to maintain the growth of their economy," answered Danielle, who was probably the most annoying person ever but had a tone of voice so unique, I didn't mind listening to it all day.

"Correct Miss Summerton. Glad someone's listening to me explain the lesson," smiled Mrs. Chesterfield proudly.

I couldn't help but emphasize the word 'one' in what she said. Aside from Danielle, who loved History but sucked in almost every other class, we all hated Mrs. Chesterfield and couldn't wait for these last thirteen days with her to pass.

Upon hearing the final bell of the day, I followed the rest of the class out to rid myself of the horrific boredom that was History. I spotted Jessy peering out of the crowd, gesturing at me to join him.

"Hey bro," I greeted, slaping my hand against his.

"Hey! How was Chesterfield?"

I gave him a look. Jessy had transferred out of History class since the beginning of the new semester. Rebecca had switched to Geography, and I stuck with History, my alternative being complex Physics. No thanks! "Just be thankful you aren't taking History anymore."

He laughed, then vaunted the fact that his Art class was 'laid-back and fun'. For some reason, I pictured a steamy affair in a cheap, out-of-town motel when he said that.

"So, what's up? I haven't really seen you around lately..." I trailed off.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. It's just that things are just starting up with Grace and we're in a really good place right now. I just don't want to screw that up."

"No, dude," I said raising my arms questioningly, "I completely understand. Do what you have to do, man."

I gave him a reassuring smile. As much as I hated the fact that we weren't having any bro time, I knew he really liked Grace. So, I wasn't going to stand in his way.