Chapter 8: The Deal

Recap

I walk down the hall to Velvet's room. I open it and slam it shut. As I stand by the door, I can hear the static of the radio demon walking by. I walked to a chair and slumped down in it. I put my hands to my screen. If she really is here, I need to find her. A rage grew in me, that radio shit doesn't deserve her. My beloved would never fall for someone like him. I knew who I was before her death....I don't know anymore.

Your (POV)

You slowly open your eyes, you put your hand to your head. You shut your eyes and groan in pain. "What happened?" You whisper out loud. You open your eyes again and slowly look around, you're in your room. You quickly sit up, your eyes wide, "How did I get here?" you whisper under your breath. You feel a chill on your body, you look down and gasp from what you see. Your underwear was missing, you wore only your corset. You see burn marks on your thighs, waist and arms. You start to tremble, you silently cry out, "What?!" You feel warm tears start falling down your face. You go to move your legs, but between your legs is a sharp pain. Your eyes go wide, "NO!" you scream. You close your eyes, and shake your head, you desperately want to remember what happened. Your hands shake as you feel between your legs, a warm liquid is left on your fingers. You pull your hand back to you, blood is stained on your fingertips. The tears start to fall harder, the only one you ever let touch you was no one to be found. Then...

FLASH! An image...

You see yourself laying in a bed under the covers with a young man. He holds you tightly up against his body. You see him brush away your long blonde hair and gazes into your eyes. You see yourself cup his cheek and say, "Darling, I love you so much." His bright baby blue eyes droop down, and leans in to kiss you gently. He pulls back, "I won't let anything happen to you." You hear yourself giggle, "Why would it?" He sighs, "I haven't been honest with you about my...business." You see yourself sit up and look at him. You see him sit up, the sheet falling revealing his chest. You say, "What about your business?" He sighs, "I have a... side hustle. It's bringing in lots of money to help with the invention of the television. But, as long as I keep the bills paid, nothing will happen to you or us..."He looks at you for a moment and holds your hands gently he finishes"...or with...the little one." You see yourself touch your stomach, and then look away from him. He frowns and pulls your face towards him, "What's wrong darling?" You sigh, "I...I'm not sure if I'm ready for this-" He continues, "The baby! No, don't think like that, I'm here. I will make sure everything is taken care of. No need to worry ever again." You see him open the drawer and pull out a box, he opens it and takes a ring out. He looks at you, "You said, yes. Now the wedding is in a few days, please wear this now. As a reminder of my love for you." You see yourself smile and throw your arms around him. He kisses you, and pushes you away gently. He looks at you and at your stomach and says, "May I?" You nod. He places his hand gently on your stomach. He chuckles, "Wow! Me, a dad."

FLASH!

You gasp, breathing heavy. Your mind screams, "A BABY! WE WERE HAVING A BABY!" Then you hear familiar voices echoing:

But you killed it!

You didn't want it!

Murder!

Wait, till he finds out!

He won't want you back!

You shake your head and cry out, "NO! SHUT UP!" You remembered your beloved's death. You scream out,"HE DIED, I WAS ALONE, I COULDN'T..."

He won't forgive you!

He will disown you!

Murder!