Chapter 12 I'll Follow You Anywhere

If only it could have been possible to go through life without any missteps. If only this world... could have been a kinder one. Without anxiety or fear, where i diddn't hurt anyone, and no one hurt me. If only things had been different. If i'd taken a better path— a shorter path– to the kinder world i've been wishing for. Without any wrong turns or regrets.
At school the next day
Yun-yun i heard takashi's in the hospital. That true? Manabe asked. Hm? How did you know? Yuki asked. Somebody in your class told me about it. Plus, i also heard orange hair dude's bee absent for days. He doin' okay? Manabe asked. Yuki sighed. I don't know. Or care. Yuki said. Yun-yun. So, kimi's been wondering forever about that princess girl. What exactly is she to you? Kimi asked. She's his mom. Manabe said with no hesitation making yuki blush. Okay, no one thinks you're funny. Yun-yun! Kakeru's saying creepy stuff. Kimi whined making. Why's that creepy? She protected yun-yun when he was as weak and defenseless as a baby deer. Manabe said with a closed eye smile. Sometimes i hate you. Yuki mumbled flustered. Um, so, like, what's that mean? Is she his girlfriend? Kimi asked. No. it's just like i told you, she's his mom. Manabe said. Seriously, that does not make any sense. Kimi said. Just drop it! Yuki said. The council door opened. President, looks like you have some visitors. Naohito said making yuki look up and see uotani,hana, and tohru standing at the door.
At the hospital
I don't understand. Kyon's not at the creepy writer's house, and he hasn't shown his face around here, either. What is going on with him? Uotani asked as they walked down the hall. Good question, especially since star refuses to say anything about him. Hana said. Something happened i'd like to know what. Tohru says softly. The hospital door to stars room opened as akito walked out of it. Star gave us the one-minute summary of how she ended up here. Of what happened between her and akito soma.
In the waiting area
I'm not sure how much you know, or what she said happened to her, but it's my fault. I'm the reason she got hurt. Akito said bowing her head to uotani, hana, and tohru. You might think that, but Star doesn't believe that her fall was anyone's fault. Hana said. Akito grabbed her arm clenching her sleeve. Also, um, i heard about you and kureno. Akito said making uotani gasp. You should know, he's here, too. As a patient. He's here... because i stabbed him. I shackled him to me, trampled his will. But even so, he won't blame me. And now i...
you're a woman, aren't you? Uotani looked back at hana. According to kureno, there was someone in his life he had to stay with. Someone who needed him. It was you. Hana said smiling softly at akito. Uotani looked back over at akito. Her eyes widen at the realzation making her eye water. She then placed her hand over her eye. Her existence wasn't what hurt me, not really. It was both simpler and more complicated than that. Uotani walked up to akito and hugged her. It was the realization that i was the outsider here. That in the 26 years of kureno's life, i was nothing but a footnote. Uotani opened kureno's hospital door seeing him standing by the window looking outside. I'd been polishing a single days memoires. Like they were some diamond, and it made me feel a little pathetic. She stood next to kureno making him turn his head toward her. That's what hurt the most. I'm surprised. I didn't think you'd come. Kurneo said. Why not? Uotani asked. 'Cause... i don't deserve you. You spoke with akito, right? The truth is, there's one last thing i need to do for her. Kureno said. What? Uotani asked. I... i need to leave. Uotani looked over at kurneo. If i stay, she'll never forgive herself. Always, up to the very end. Well, in that case, go wherever you want to. Uotani put her hands behind her back and step back. Doesn't matter to me. I'll follow anywhere. Uotani had a blush on her face. Kureno turned his head towards her gasping. I mean it. Y'know why? Kurneo didn't say anything. If you don't... that's too bad. I'm not telling you. Uotani said pouting a bit still blushing. Kureno smiled softly at her. It's fine. I don't mind. If you need time, i can wait. But from now on, i'll be more than just a footnote.
With yuki and shiugre
Shigure sighs. A convenience store breakfast? How low we've sunk. Shigure says as him and yuki walk up the stairs to his house.
What else could we do? We're out of rice, bread, pretty much everything. Yuki said.
Having star has spoiled us. We're even worse at taking care of ourselves now than we were before she came. Good thing she's being released today, or we might starve. Ooh, what should we ask her to cook this evening? Shigure asked holding his fan. Nothing because we're not total jerks. Yuki said. And still no kyo. I wonder where he ran off to. Shigure asked. As they made it home they saw haru sitting in the living room.
Welcome home. Haru said nonchalantly.
Um, wait, what? Yuki asked looking at haru confused. Whoopsie. Did i forget to lock up after us again? Shigure asked. Seriously? Yuki asked.
Hmm. your forgetfulness made it an easy conquest. It was wide open, so i sild right in. haru said. Enough. Yuki said chopping his head.
How's takashi? Good? Haru asked.
Yeah. they're releasing her this afternoon. Yuki said as he and shigure sat down at the table.
Great news. I'm glad. Rin was impressively worried about her. Haru said.
"Impressively" how? Yuki asked.
She turned blue, then kind of gray, then a shade of brown. Five stars. Haru says as he remembered how she acted.
It's not like she's a movie. Yuki said looking at the memory.
Also, the size of her boobs defienitely increassed. Haru said.
I can't tell if you're trying to lighten the mood, brag, or sexually harass me. Yuki said generally tying to know.
All three? Haru says tilting his head.
Of course. Yuki said sighing. They hear a thud up stairs making them look up.
What do you suppose that was? Is kyo back? Shigure asked as they staired at the ceiling.
Oh, i see. Maybe that's why the door was unlocked. Hey, he never went to visit her, right? Haru asked looking at shigure.
I get it. Haru and shigure look at yuki. I get that he has his own pain and his own reasons. But as far as i'm concerned, they don't, matter even the tiniest little bit right now. Yuki said with a menacying aurora around him. He then got up and started to walk towards the stairs. See ya later, then. Haru says.
Yuki slams kyo's door open. Where were you? Kyo turned his head looking at yuki not answering. Not here. Or at the hospital. Miss takashi is being released today. Kyo still didn't say anything tying the strings of his bag that he packed.
Running away? Yuki asked.
Say what you want. Me being here would hurt her. I can't protect her. It's better if she has you. Kyo says making yuki walk infront of him. Oh. so that's how it is. Kyo looked up at yuki who had a shadow covering his eyes. Then there was a big thud. Making shigure sigh.
My poor house. This is what comes of living with two boys. Shiugre says with tears in his eyes.
Hey, can i order pizza? Haru asks.
What does that mean? You can't protect her from what? You think you should catch her before she falls off a cliff? Or swoop in and save her from getting hit by a car? Kyo got up rubbing his mouth. Yeah, that'd be amazing. But who the hell are you? Do you think you're some kind of superhero? No. you're just a stupid cat. Yuki said making kyo stand up.
Shut up! I didn't say that and it's not what i think. Yeah, sure, i bet somebody like you could pull that off. But if i could be like you, i already would be! Yuki looked up at kyo shocked by his words.
Don't you understand?! I wanted that. To be you! Kyo shouted. Another thud was heard.
'Kay. fine. Fight all you want to, i don't care anymore. Shigure said.
Can i get some nuggets, too? Haru asked.
Kyo groaned holding his face.
Go to hell. Yuki charged at kyo punching him. Go to hell. Go to hell! Kyo grabbed yuki's fist before he punched him again. So did i! Kyo looked at yuki in shock. That's what i wanted. To be like you. I admired you so much. And now... you had to go and say it first! Easily, like it was nothing! Screw you. Screw you! Kyo stared at yuki. Yuki pulled his fist away from kyo stepping away from him. But... you're you. I'm me. And we can never be anything more. We can only be ourselves. We have to accept ourselves... and face who we are. Yuki then kicked his door off the heges. You did protect her! You protected her just fine, dumbass! Maybe it doens't mean much making somebod smile. And yeah, maybe it's not like being a hero with special supernatural powers, but when you're with her...

miss takashi looks so happy!

Do you seriously think i could do that?  Make her smile just by being there? Cut the crap! Open your eyes and realize there are things only you can do! Don't make her cry! Get your damn act togehter! Yuki then turned away from kyo as he still sat ...

Do you seriously think i could do that? Make her smile just by being there? Cut the crap! Open your eyes and realize there are things only you can do! Don't make her cry! Get your damn act togehter! Yuki then turned away from kyo as he still sat there in shock of what yuki said. Why are you just sitting there? Kyo gasped. The guy you claim to admire gave you a pep talk, get out there and do something about it. Stupid cat. Yuki said with his arm crossed. Kyo thought on what yuki said then got up and walked downstairs and out of the house. Damn it. That idiot. I hate him. Yuki whsipered.
Kyo walked down the street across the bridge wiping his mouth. Things only i can do... that's right. Before i see her... there's another stop i need to make.