Chapter 2 I'll Hold Another Banquet pt2

Uotani opened hana's door. If that happened, it would be the end of the world. Uotani said as tohru nodded. Star gasped seeing her two other close friends.
I invited additional guests. Hana said, turning and smiling at star as she watched the two girls come in.
man, i'm beat. You told us to hurry, so I ran all the way here from work. Uotani said, taking off her coat.
I ran all the way from grandpa's house here. Tohru said, wiping her forehead and taking off her coat. Uotani sat next to star and Tohru sat next to hana.
Did you hear us? Hana asked.
I heard. Uotani said making star turn her head without looking her in the eyes. Look at you crying because of me. I'm total trash. Uotani said, making star eyes widen then turning her head sharply.
You are NOT trash! Don't ever say that to me again. Star said in an angry tone.
Yeah, all right, but if i can't say it, you can't say you're useless. Because i love you, you dummy. Uotani then hugged star but she didn't hug back.
You can stop worrying. I'm okay. I really am, I mean it. I was totally right, though. Kureno is just like you. You're the same kinda dumb. I guess that must mean... I've got a weakness for dummies. I don't wanna make trouble for people like the two of you. So... that's the end. Uotani said, still hugging star. Her eyes watered as she hugged uotani back. Yeah, the end. Uotani said with a smile on her face.
You got your heart broken, arisa? Megumi asked making uotani squeez star making her groan. Uotani turned around stiffly.
You little brat! Uotani said glaring at megumi.
Think before you speak, megumi. This is a delicate moment. Hana said.
But some things take time to find. A long time, maybe. Like a good friend. Or a person to love. So it wasn't all for nothing. Megumi said.
Of course it wasn't! It never is. That's my personal creed. Uotani said putting her arm over star's shoulder. Hana and tohru smiled at them.
All right. Shall we begin setting up for the evening's festivities? Hana asked as tohru kneeled up.
Can i help, hana-chan? Tohru asked.
I find my heart beginning to race as i'm surrounded by older women. Megumi said.
That line again, kid?
A couple of hours later
Star, tohru, and uotani layed on hana's bed sleeping.
They're sound asleep. Megumi said. Indeed. Things have been rough, but this gave arisa a small measure of closure for her feelings, at least. That may be what she needed most. Hana said as she folded star's coat.
Is it over, then? Or could things still work out? Megumi asked.
I don't know. Perhaps. But as they say, that's a story for another time. Hana pulled the blankets over them more as she smiled at her three friends.
Romance is pretty tough, huh? Megumi asked.
Yes, it is. Hana said still smiling.
Star:the sun goes down, but it always comes up again. No matter how dark, no night lasts forever. So, i'll start again, one step at a time.
The next morning
Star opened the front door.
Hey! I'm back from my sleepover! Star announced but she didn't get and answer. She took off her shoes and coat and walked to the living room.
Shigure? It's quiet. Wonder if he's still sleeping. Star walked into the living room setting the bag down staring at shigure's door.
Well... star noticed a scarf on the floor. Hold up. A scarf? Looks like the one i was wearing yesterday, but... how? Did i...? Star wondered out loud. Kyo walked in looking at star as she held the scarf in her hand.
Oh, hey, you're back. So it is yours, then? Star looked over at kyo.
Good thing i made the call to bring it home. It was just lying all crumpled in the street. Kyo said then made his way to the refrigerator.
Uh, i– star said as she stood up then walked over to him.
I washed it, but not all the stains came out. If that bugs you, buy another one. Kyo said. Star clenched it then threw it around her neck.
What are you doing? It isn't dry yet. Kyo asked looking at star like she was crazy. Star felt the cold damp scarf on her neck making her turn and hit kyo with the pom pom.
Uh. told ya so. Kyo said softly, smiling. Thanks so much, kyo! I'll be super careful. I won't drop it again. Star said smiling at kyo.

 Star said smiling at kyo

Sure. whatever. You stayed over at hanajima's last night? Kyo asked.
Yep! Uo-chan and tohru came, too. We had a nightgown festival! Star said, putting her hands behind her head smiling.
A what now? Kyo asked. Yuki walked in about to walk into the kitchen but stopped.
We all had such a great time! Star said with a closed eye smile. Yuki smiled at star then walked into the kitchen.
Morning. Did you have fun at the party? Yuki asked with a closed eye smile.
Yeah, i did, thank you! Star said, smiling back at yuki. Kyo looked away, drinking the milk from the carton. Star, hi! Shigure said leaving his room. Morning, shigure. Star said, waving at him. Please, say you'll never spend the night away again. Yuki cooked and it reminded me just how much I appreciate you. It was so weird, I don't even know if it was bad. Kyo had "just remembered it '' above his head as he spit out the milk. It was terrible, I almost died. Shigure said, making star smile nervously.
Maybe motivation wasn't the problem. Yuki said in his mind.
Star: little by little, one step at a time... i'll figure it all out.
Uo-chan! Hana-chan! Tohru! Star called out making them turn around. Hey what's up? Uo-chan said waving at her. Star jogged up to them doing a hand shake that her and uotani would do when they were in gangs. Walk with us, won't you? Hana said. Star hugged her friends as they all smiled.
Star: the truths kureno told me, and the mysteries that remain.