Chapter 28

Chapter 28

"Hello?" I spoke in the dark room, my voice echoed throughout it and I found it very amusing at the time. I shook my head quickly ignoring the child in me, I had a child and mate to get back to. I tried using the mindlink but it was still cut off. I groaned and hit my head against the pillar. 

"Honey, stop trying to mindlink him."

"No. "

"Why are you so rude?" Adam grunted. 

"Well, you basically kidnapped me from my house and you want me to be nice to you?"

He chuckled, clearly amused by this conversation but I wasn't. I glared at him. He was basically laughing at the fact that he had attacked my family. I felt a small connection to my wolf and used the little bit of power I had left to mindlink Thaddeus. 

Thaddeus this dude named Adam has me. I have no clue where I am. Please track me.

I prayed to god that the mindlink got through to him.

"Favorite color?" Adam asked me 

"Red."

"Why?"

"Cause you'll be covered in it."

Adam just chuckled, "Do you really think that-"

He stopped mid-sentence and started sniffing the air. He had given me, unwillingly on my part, another injection of wolf's bane, which I hoped that he poured on himself. My wolf wasn't connected with me so I was surviving on human senses. 

"Shit."

"Told you," I sang knowing that it was probably Thaddeus. Yes, number one bae. 

"Jason, we got to get out of here," Adam yelled as he picked me up and waited for Jason. I heard Thaddeus' loud feet from above and I did all I could do to make it easier. 

I screamed. 

"Shut up!" Adam yelled putting his hand over my mouth. He held a knife to my throat as Thaddeus opened the door. 

"One more move and she dies."

The knife's silver blade was burning the skin on my neck. I felt it sizzling against my skin. Thaddeus froze. Looking not worried but angry. Out of nowhere, a scream came out from behind me as Adam fell to the floor. I felt his body fall to the ground and turned around. Jason was there, with his claws extended and a knife in the other hand. He fell to the ground, I looked at him wide eyes as Thaddeus came sprinting next to me. 

"Jason wha-"

"Scarlett, he was my mate. He rejected me. He told me if I helped him, he'd accept me. After I ran away, I couldn't go back. So, when I found him, he was my only option."

"Bullshit," Thaddeus growled from behind me but Jason ignored him. 

"I know you don't believe me. Hell, I wouldn't believe me, so don't worry about me anymore, Scarlett, it's too late."

And that's when I noticed the blood all over him and the broken bones all over the place. He took the knife and ignored my screams as he stabbed himself with the sliver blade. 

And this time Jason was dead. 

Truly dead.