𝚟𝚒

❀ ❀ ❀

THE NEXT MORNING Apolla walked out of Anakin's step-father's place to see Anakin carrying a body.

"Oh, no..." Apolla mumbled, running over to Anakin.

Anakin saw Apolla and started to tear up "Pollie, I couldn't save her."

"It's not your fault." Apolla cupped his face.

He kissed her head and sniffed "I know, but I feel like I failed her."

Apolla shook her head and stroked his cheek "No, sweetie."

He nodded and walked past the others, walking inside. Anakin placed her down then went to the shed. Apolla made something for Anakin then followed him. When she got there he was fixing something.

Anakin sniffed "The shifter broke. Life seems so much simpler when you're fixing things. I'm good at fixing things. Always was. But I couldn't...why'd she have to die? Why couldn't I save her? I know I could have!"

Apolla walked over to him and said "I know what you're going through, Ani. I lost my father when I was 12, the only parent who actually thought I had a chance. The world works in mysterious ways, there was no way to cheat her death."

He cupped her face after turning around "I just wish I could be the most powerful Jedi ever..."

She looked into his eyes "I know, Anakin, but you're not, at least not yet."

He kissed her head and sighed, grabbing a part he was fixing he tossed it to the wall "It's all Obi-Wan's fault...he's holding me back!"

Apolla shushed him and slowly sat down with him. He started crying and held onto her.

She sniffed and kissed his head "Ani, breathe..."

He sniffed and rested his head on her arm. "Ani, it's okay.."

She whispered, rocking them back and forth.

"I killed them, Pollie. I killed them all. They're dead. Every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children too. They're like animals and I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them!" Anakin cried into her.

She stroked his hair and sighed "Your pain, that's normal, you're not alone and you're not wrong to feel this way, Ani."

He looked at her and leaned up a bit. She kissed him, softly. He sat up then kissed back, grabbing her by the waist. He placed her in his lap. She took off her Jedi attire.

He did too.

❀ ❀ ❀

AFTER A FEW Hours, Anakin and Apolla met up with Padmé and Helios to say goodbye to Shmi along with Cliegg, Beru, and Owen.