Chapter #12 The month

Naruto started scouring the village, searching for his perverted and sometimes irresponsible sensei. He found him at the training ground with his teammates memorial.

"Kakashi-sensei," Naruto addressed his brother figure.

"Naruto. I suspect you're here about the training?"

"I figure you'll want to train Sasuke to make sure he's not going after Orochimaru for more power, and that would leave me under someone else's care for the month. I was wondering if you set up someone to teach me?"

"The Hokage has someone in mind that he wants you to learn from, he wants you to meet him in his office at ten tomorrow morning. You'll meet him then."

Naruto and Hinata went on a lunch date at Ichiraku's to celebrate making it to the finals.

"So, is your sensei training you, or are you learning from your clan again?" Naruto asked curiously. "Kurenai-sensei has both me and Shino training with our clans. What about you you two? Neither you or Sasuke has a clan to train with anymore."

"Kakashi's training Sasuke, the Hokage has someone in mind for me."

"Who?"

"I have no idea, but I'll find out tomorrow morning."

Naruto walked Hinata to her clan district, hand-in-hand, kissing her on the cheek as they parted.

At 10 on the dot, Naruto knocked on the door to the Hokage's office.

"Enter!" A gruff voiced ordered from behind the door. Naruto opened the door, freezing at the sight of the Hokage...having a staring contest with an amounting mountains of paperwork?

Clearing his throat, Naruto made his presence known. The aged leader looked up and cleared his own throat.

Naruto, good your on time, take a seat." The Sarutobi gestured to the chair in front of his desk.

"Kakashi said that you had someone you wanted me to learn from?"

"Yes, Naruto I'd like you to meet my student, Jiraiya!" He gestured to the window, where a man with white spiky hair was sitting on the window sill.

Naruto deadpanned, unimpressed with the perverted hermit. "You're joking!"

"No, I am not. Jiraiya is the only person in the Leaf that can teach you how to tame the Kyubi's Chakra."

"I seem to be doing just fine on my own, thanks. Besides he doesn't have a great or even good track record when it comes to students, especially when all six of them are dead."

Hiruzen and Jiraiya gaped at Naruto as he scowled at the Sannin.

"Listen you little brat, I taught the Fourth Hokage-"

"What, how to quit? How to kill himself? How to abandon his son? How to let his wife die?"

Jiraiya recoiled at Naruto's harsh words. Naruto stood up and turned for the door.

"I've done just fine training by myself for the last five years, I think I'll be fine for another month."

Naruto left and went to the Uchiha District, Sasuke should be gone, training with Kakashi outside the village.

Naruto stopped in front of a house he hasn't seen in over five years. The last time he ever entered Shisui's house was when he stored the box of information of his death here. Fugaku gave it to him in hopes that it would help him draw his own conclusions, but he never looked into it, never needed to after Itachi explained to him why Shisui take his own life. But if Orochimaru's telling the truth, then Fugaku's suspicion has to be the truth as well.