Chapter #8 Battle on the Bridge

Naruto stirred from his restless sleep as he heard a crash. He bolted downstairs and killed the thugs that were in the house. 'I probably should've waited to see if they were actually enemies. Oh well.'

He quickly made his way to the bridge where he found Sasuke stuck in an ice dome. He tried to attack from the sides but was bombarded by senbon and got stuck into the dome. "What now, Hero?" Sasuke asked sarcastically. Naruto smacked him in the face for the fun of it.

Naruto and Sasuke tried a variety of different methods to escape the ice-y dome, but even their combined elemental Jutsu had no lasting effect as the ice just reformed. Both Genin's were tired, Sasuke significantly more tired than Naruto as Haku threw Senbon towards them. Naruto noticed that Sasuke was too tired to dodge the incoming attack, and braced himself.

Sasuke opened his eyes, having closed them bracing for the impact that never came. He widened his eyes when he saw Naruto in front of him, groaning in pain.

Naruto felt himself fall back as he was losing consciousness, he felt Sasuke catch him before he passed out.

Naruto opened his eyes and found himself in a place with blinding white everywhere he looked, it had an eerie feel to it. Naruto turned around when he felt a hand on his shoulder, he gasped when he saw Shisui smile at him.

"Hello, Naruto!" Shisui greeted his student, who jumped back in surprise. "H-How!?" He gasped out as tears filled his eyes.

"I think it goes without saying, but I'm not real- or rather I'm not really here. This is a Genjutsu I put on you to activate a message if you were to ever near death again. As this is a prerecorded message, I can't really respond to anything you say. But know that no matter what happens I'll always be proud to have you as a student, you're a good kid and I believe in you." Shisui put his hand on Naruto's shoulder as tears fell down his cheek. Naruto hugged his deceased master, knowing that illusion or not it was still him. "This Genjutsu will activate every time you're in life-threatening danger, and it will allow you to control the Nine-Tailed Fox's power for a short time." 

Naruto let go of his master and felt a powerful raw Chakra encompass him as his eyes turned red with a black vertical slit inside three tomoe-shaped pupils.

Sasuke stepped away from Naruto when his body started to emit a powerful red Chakra that was forcing him to stand up. Naruto snapped his eyes open and snarled at Haku and attacked.

Naruto was too fast for Haku, allowing the Jinchuriki to triumph with his death. Haku coughed out blood, scared as Naruto's feral grin magnified as he pushed his Tailed Beast Chakra-covered fist further into the Yuki's chest, successfully killing him. As Haku's corpse slumped to the ground, Naruto lost the Nine tails Chakra Cloak.

Kakashi killed Zabuza as his Lightning Chakra-covered hand pierced his chest, just as Naruto and Sasuke ran over to them. Just as Haku's did, Zabuza's body slumped to the ground, dead.

Naruto lied down on his designated bed and sighed. After Zabuza died, Gato showed up and was easily taken care of as well as his minions. Team 7 spent the rest of the day cleaning up the mess of the blood that was spilt, and had even buried Zabuza and Haku.

Naruto thought about the Genjustu that Shisui put on him that allowed him to control the Beast's power. He wondered when the Jounin put the Genjustu on him as he thought about his last interaction with the Uchiha, the last time he trained him.

Naruto and Shisui were sparring, Shisui noverbally teaching Naruto to switch from his Taijutsu to Kenjutsu and back again. He had lent Naruto his usual Tanto blade and used the standard Anbu katana he used while as an operative. Because Naruto's Taijutsu and Kenjutsu forms were the same style the Kata's were similar, allowing the newly turned seven year old to switch forms with ease.

Shisui disappeared from Naruto's line of sight with a flicker, causing the blonde to widen his eyes duck, narrowly dodging the non-lethal side of the Jounin's katana.

"You're finally anticipating my moves, good." Shisui extolled as he swung his katana at his protege. Naruto smiled as he brought up the tanto to block his master's strike.

"Good. That's enough for today!" Shisui sheathed his katana. Naruto looked at him in surprise. "What? But I thought... You said-" Shisui pressed his lips together in a sorrowful way as he interrupted his student. "The disadvantages of being a clansman, all members have to attend when the Clan Head calls for a meeting. I'm sorry but this isn't a meeting that I can skip. It can very well determine the future of the Uchiha Clan. We'll pick up where we left of tomorrow, I promise." Shisui put his hand on Naruto's shoulder as the blonde dropped his head in disappointment, he was looking forward to training with his sensei.

"I have a few minutes before I have to flicker over there..." Naruto looked up and smiled at his sensei's choice of words. Shisui walked over to a boulder and went through his pack. Curious, Naruto walked up to him and watched as his master rummaged through his bag. Shisui turned to Naruto and tossed him a scroll as he slipped on his pack.

"What's this?" Naruto questioned as he caught the storage scroll. "Birthday present. I was on a mission for the Anbu on you're birthday so I wasn't able to give this to you then." Naruto unsealed the scroll. "T-this is...?" Naruto asked as he held up the green scarf. "Your mothers scarf, I got it from the Hokage, I thought you'd like to have it."  Naruto hugged Shisui as he thanked the Jounin. "Thank you, Sensei! This means so much to me." Shisui smiled as he patted the blonde's back.

The master and apprentice broke apart as they noticed a nearing Chakra signature. A figure appeared in a flicker, he wore a white porcelain mask that resembled a boar and a white cloak, signifying his position as an Anbu Captain.

"Uchiha, the Hokage has requested your presence, immediately!" Boar spoke with an emotionless tone that Naruto discovered  most Anbu to have.

"Understood, I'll be there as soon as possible." Shisui spoke professionally. The captain left.

Shisui turned to his student. "This is a summon that I definitely can't refuse or ignore, disobeying the Hokage is treason, which is punishable by death." Naruto sighed and nodded his understanding. Shisui turned to use the Teleportation Jutsu that he infamous for when Naruto called out.

"Sensei!" Shisui turned back around to Naruto, curiously. "Yeah?"

"I hope you know how grateful I am to you for taking me under your wing, for taking me on as your student, for being there for me. I'll always be grateful and in your debt for it."

"Think nothing of it!" Was all the Jounin said before disappearing in a flicker. Naruto spent the rest of the day working on his kata movements, going home tired and sore.

'That's right, Shisui-sensei killed himself that night, that was the last I saw him.'