Chapter #3 The Teams.

"Team 7. Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha-"

"Yay! I'm on Sasuke's team." Came the high-pitched squeal of Sakura Haruno.

 "And Naruto Uzumaki." Iruka finished. Everyone looked at the stoic redhead, he only spoke when spoken to and was always vague when he did. He seemed content to ignore everyone else, his rival Sasuke was just as quiet if not more. Everyone knew that Naruto was now the strongest student in the academy, when he become so strong nobody knew. One day he just stopped smiling and later beat Sasuke in a Taijutsu match.
(Sidenote: Naruto is wearing the same clothes from Chapter 2, just a bigger shirt and pants, he replaced the fingerless for Anbu gloves. He covers his face with the scarf his mother made, he also wears the sheath and tanto that Shisui had. He also dyed his hair red.)

Iruka-sensei why does the deadlast have to be on our team?"

"Ask the Hokage, Sakura, he's the one who set up the teams. And he felt that the three of you should be on the same team. So take it up with him."

Sasuke turned and looked at Naruto and smirked. "Don't get in my way, deadlast."
Naruto looked at him blankly then turned back to staring off into space as if Sasuke didn't speak at all. Of course, Sakura didn't take her crush being ignored too kindly.

"Hey don't ignore Sasuke you loser!" Sakura screeched. Naruto turned to look at her and said one word. "Rookie."
"W-what?" Sakura asked confused.
"I'm the Rookie of the year, I did better than Sasuke by a lot. So get your titles right, and don't talk to me." 

"WHAT? How dare you-" Sakura's rant was interrupted saving everyone from a  headache

"Enough. Naruto did better than Sasuke on the Ninjutsu portion and you on the written portion, Sakura." Iruka explained.

"Now, Team 8..." Naruto knew that Ino Shikamaru and Choji would be put on a team together, which only left Kiba Shino and Hinata on a team. Naruto was upset that Hinata wasn't on his team, but he knew that it would only hinder him as a constant distraction. He gave her a subtle small apologetic eye look, which she returned.

"Where is he? Our sensei is three hours late." Sakura complained. At that second the door slid open to reveal a man, with gravity-defying silver hair, a green flak jacket signifying his Jounin rank, and a regulation headband with the leaf village symbol carved into it, however, he wore diagonally over his left eye.

Naruto's eyes widen recognizing him from a page in the Bingo book he found once while digging in the trash for food.

"Hmm. My first impression of you is, you're a bunch of idiots. Meet me on the roof." He then disappeared in a poof of smoke. Sakura and Sasuke quickly made their way to the roof, Naruto however just opened the window and walked up the wall to the roof.

"Introduce yourselves." Kakashi ordered once the other two showed up and the three sat down on the same step.
"How do we do that?" Kakashi looked at Sakura like she grew a second head.
"Just say your name, things you like and things you hate, hobbies, dreams for the future. Things like that."
"You go first, so we know how it's done."
Kakashi pointed to himself.
"Me? My name is Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate? I don't feel like telling you that. Dreams for the future? I never really thought about it. As for my hobby, well I have lots of hobbies."

"That was totally useless, all he told us was his name," Sakura whispered to Naruto as if he was listening to her.

"Pinky, since you want to interrupt, you get to go next."
"My name is not Pinky, it's Sakura Uchiha-"
"No, it's not." Sasuke and Naruto said in unison.
"Sakura Haruno, what I like- I mean the person I like- *giggle*- hobbies-*giggle*- dreams for the future-*squeals*-"
And...what do you hate?" Asked Kakashi not really sure what to think about his female student.
"NARUTO" Kakashi looked at Naruto to see his reaction, but to his surprise, Naruto looked like he didn't expect any different.

"Scarf, you next." Naruto pointed to himself mimicking Kakashi's earlier movement. Kakashi nodded, and Naruto stood up.
"Names Naruto Uzumaki. I like training, the Raman stand, and seals. I hate arrogance, ignorance, attention seekers, fangirls, and my birthday. My hobbies are creating new seals and testing them on people that annoy me."

"Who doesn't like their birthday?" Asked Sakura.

"Me." He answered simply.

"Dream." Kakashi reminded.

"Right. I have three main dreams. I'd like to one day become the Anbu Commander and protect the Village from the shadows, like a Shadow Hokage. I would also like to restore my clan. And my final dream is to find the Anbu in the Dog mask and thank him."

"For what?" Asked Sakura. Naruto turned to her and said in a tone that implied that it was the most obvious thing in the world. "For saving my life."

"Ducky." Kakashi moved on to Sasuke before Sakura could ask any more questions that he knew Naruto didn't want to answer

Sasuke glared at his nickname.
"My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things, I don't particularly like anything. And what I have is not a dream, because I will make it a reality, I will restore the Uchiha clan and destroy a certain someone."

"Emo duck." Naruto muttered
"What?"

"Okay. You're all unique in your own way. Tomorrow we'll begin our first mission." Kakashi said to diffuse the tension.
"Mission so soon?" Sakura asked.
"Wait, what about the second test?" Naruto asked confused. Kakashi's eyes widened.

"How do you know about that?"
"I didn't. I just figured that there has to be one. The test was too basic and too easy to let us into the Shinobi world. Because if that's all it takes then no wonder rookies die during their first mission or the Chunin exams."

"Yes, the mission tomorrow is a second test to see if you all have what it takes to be Genin. Of the 27 graduates, only 9 actually become Genin, the other 18 are weeded out and sent back to the academy."

"What? But what was the Genin exam for? We worked hard to get here."

"Oh, that? That was a test to find the ones that might become Genin, or not." Kakashi paused to let that sink in.

"I make the rules, this is a fight or flight pass-fail test. And the chance that you fail is at least 66% Meet me tomorrow at training ground 7 at 5 A.M, bring your ninja tools, and don't be late. Also, don't eat breakfast otherwise you might puke." Kakashi poofed into smoke, leaving the Genin-to-be alone. 

"Of all Jounin's it had to be him, we really lucked out." Naruto chuckled to himself.

"What are you talking about? Asked Sasuke.

"He said his name was Kakashi Hatake."

"So? Asked Sakura.

"You really don't know who that is? He's one of the fourth Hokage's students, he's the son of the White Fang, a shinobi that was said to be the fourth Hokage before Minato Namakaze was even a candidate. He's also one of the strongest Jounins in the Leaf. He's most likely next in line for the Hokage seat if anything happens to Lord Third." Naruto stood up and walked to the railing.

"Well, I better get going, I'm not going to get stronger if I don't train." Before they could say a word Naruto disappeared in a flicker. A body flicker.
(See what I did there?)