Chapter 53

Emma POV

I was sitting on an empty bed in Hazel’s room, watching Mason pace around, clenching his fists and sighing angrily.

I was worried about him. He needed some peace and quiet, not this. I wished he didn’t have to deal with this again. I could see how scared he was, and it was breaking my heart.

My head was spinning from watching him pace around in a circle.

“Mase, man, can you please sit down?” Jax sighed. “I can’t watch you walk around anymore.”

I guess I wasn’t the only one who was having trouble watching him.

“Feel free to look away.” Mason said, shooting daggers at Jax as he continued to pace around.

He was going to make holes in the floor.

Jax rolled his eyes and laid down on Hazel’s bed with a huff.

I let out a small sigh and decided to distract myself with something else. My eyes fell on Hazel and Jax. They were holding hands and I smiled. I knew exactly how to distract myself.

“So, are you two together?” I asked, making Mason stop pacing for a second as he looked at Jax and Hazel.

Mason continued pacing around, letting out another angry sigh. Chris chuckled and spun around in Hazel’s desk chair.

“Yes, we are.”

“I don’t know.”

Jax and Hazel said at the same time.

I raised my eyebrows at them. Jax and Hazel looked at each other. Both of them were shocked and confused. Mason sighed angrily and Chris laughed.

“What do you mean, ‘I don’t know’?” Jax asked, sitting back up. “We are together.”

“Since when?” Hazel rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. “Did you ask me?”

“Oh, shit, man.” Chris laughed again. “You fucked up.”

“Shut the fuck up.” Jax said, sending an angry glare to Chris before looking back at Hazel. “What do you mean, I’ve never asked you? We’ve talked about this.”

“We did.” Hazel nodded. “But I’ve never heard ‘Elly, will you be my girlfriend?’ come out of your mouth.”

I tried to stop myself from laughing, but it was hard. Chris snorted and shook his head. Mason was still pacing around, but now he was looking at Jax and Hazel with an amused look on his face.

At least I managed to distract him a little.

“Elly, will you please be my girlfriend?” Jax asked, taking her hand in his and giving her a sweet smile.

“Yes.” Hazel chuckled, leaning in and kissing Jax.

A huge smile spread across my face, and I glanced at Chris. He was already looking at me. I felt heat rushing to my cheeks and I immediately looked back at Jax and Hazel, who were still kissing.

“Get a room.” Mason said with a huff.

“Well, this is my room.” Hazel said, looking at Mason. “So, technically, the three of you should get a room.”

Mason rolled his eyes, making Hazel chuckle.

“Ask again, Em.” Jax said, making me look at him.

He winked at me, and I laughed, shaking my head at his silliness.

“So, are you two together?” I asked, smirking.

“Yes.”

“I don’t know.”