Chapter 32

Mason POV

“Mason!” Cassie came running to me as soon as we entered my room.

Hazel walked in and sat down at Jax’s desk. She never looked up from her phone. Jax stared at her all puppy-eyed.

Cassie wrapped her arms around my waist, and I chuckled.

“Did you miss me?” I asked, hugging her back.

“A lot.” Cassie said, smiling up at me.

She let go of me and turned to Emma.

“Hi, Emma.” Cassie smiled, hugging her as well.

Emma was surprised, but then a small smile appeared on her face.

“Hi, Cassie.” Emma said softly.

I frowned while watching them. Emma was five years older than Cassie, but she was a little bit shorter. I didn’t really notice it until now when Cassie was hugging her. I am not short. My parents are not short. Is she short because that bitch didn’t feed her properly? Is that even possible?

Fuck!

Emma noticed my frown and raised an eyebrow at me.

I forced a smile on my face. I didn’t want to ruin Cassie’s time with her brother.

Emma gave me a suspicious look, but she didn’t say anything. She didn’t want to ruin their time together either. She looked back at Cassie and smiled.

“What do you want to do?” Emma asked. “You still have some time left before you have to leave.”

“Talk and annoy my brother.” Cassie grinned, walking toward Jax.

“Oh, joy.” Jax mumbled, rolling his eyes playfully.

Cassie laughed and sat on Jax’s lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

“You love me.” Cassie said happily.

“Yes, I do.” Jax chuckled, wrapping his arms around her.

I smiled. Jax didn’t love her. Jax adored her. And he was a great brother. I wished I was like him. He would never abandon Cassie like I abandoned Emma.

“Where is Chris?” Hazel asked, looking up from her phone for the first time since we entered the room.

“His room.” Jax answered. “He will be here soon.”

Emma sat down at my desk, and I stretched out on my bed, holding myself up on my elbows.

“Did you have fun, Cassie?” Emma asked. “I wish you could stay longer so we could get to know each other better.”

“I had a lot of fun.” Cassie smiled. “I will come back soon and we will hang out more. I hope that they will catch that guy so that we can go somewhere the next time I visit.”

“That guy is so creepy.” Hazel mumbled, and I could hear fear in her voice.

Jax heard it too, because he reached out and took her hand in his.

“You are safe, Elly.” he said. “He will never touch you.”

Hazel looked up at him and smiled. “I know. Thank you, Jax.”

Cassie looked at me and winked. I chuckled and nodded. Yeah, he really liked her.

“Do you have any idea who that guy could be?” Cassie asked.

“I think it’s Mr. Rodriguez.” Jax said, not letting Hazel’s hand go. “He is weird as fuck. He is always eyeing girls up and down.”

“Weirdo.” Cassie mumbled, frowning in disgust.