Chapter 41

Mason POV

I had to be held by three fucking cops.

I wanted to run to her when I heard fucking Oliver approach her. I was fucking sure it was him. I was ready to leave the principal's office and beat the shit out of him.

I relaxed slightly when he left, but their grip on me never loosened.

The fear I felt was incredibly painful. I never thought that fear could actually cause physical pain, but I guess I was wrong. I felt like I was underwater. I felt like I was drowning. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't fucking breathe.

Listening to her breathing calmed me down slightly, but I could hear that her breaths were fast and shallow. She was scared. My sister was scared, and I wasn't there to protect her. I wasn't there to hug her and tell her that everything would be okay.

I wished that my fingers would turn into claws so I could rip my chest open and let the air in.

Hearing his voice made me and the rest of the people in the room freeze.

It was familiar. So fucking familiar.

But the fear clouded my brain, and I couldn't focus.

She called him Sir. Why didn't she say his name?!

The beating of my heart was so fucking painful. I was sure it was breaking my fucking bones.

When we heard him say the words "my perfect little doll", the fourth cop grabbed me.

Holy fucking shit!

My eyes widened and I stopped breathing.

I heard her gasp.

I heard footsteps.

And then silence.

No!

Fuck no!

The cops grabbed me tighter because I started trashing in their arms.

What I heard next almost made me throw up.

"Put it down, Derek." I heard one of the cops say.

Put what down?!

PUT WHAT DOWN?!

Derek? Who the fuck was...

Holy shit!

The gasps around the room made it clear that everyone figured it out.

"You don't want to hurt her, Derek." I heard the cop's voice.

Hurt her?!

HURT HER?!

NO!

"YOU PROMISED." I screamed. "YOU FUCKING PROMISED THAT HE WOULDN'T TOUCH HER!"

I kicked and punched. I was getting out of here. I was going to get her. I didn't give a shit.

One of the cops grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back.

It didn't stop me from trying to get out of their hold.

I didn't give a fuck. They could break it.
I was getting to her. I was getting to my sister.

"Mason!" one of the detectives shouted. "Enough!"

"FUCK YOU!" I screamed.

The cops made me kneel. The four of them wrapped their arms around me, and I couldn't move. I couldn't fucking move!

NO!

She needed me!

She fucking needed me!

I felt something wet fall on my cheek, and a sob broke through me.