Chapter 2

Sutton/ Astra's POV

The crisp night air hit me the moment I stepped out onto the balcony, my heels clicking against the cobblestone ground. I inhaled the sweet smell of the night wind, and smiled to myself. I ran my brush through my long white curls and watched the Moon begin to peek through the clouds. I looked up at the blood-red sky and began counting the stars that we scattered that night. I felt a pang in my chest, knowing that sooner rather than later I'd wake up and be gone from here. Back to the other life. I kept having this dream but never the same story twice ever since I can remember.

In this dream, I was a drastically different woman. My long straight, stringy blonde hair was in curly white voluminous curls. My blotchy pale skin was almost solid white now, like a porcelain doll almost but my favorite part was my eyes. No longer the dull hazel, but a deep fluorescent otherworldly Violet. Perhaps it was the Vampire blood running through my veins that made me so beautiful, but the Witch blood is what I knew would one day end me.

"Princess Astra?" the name that had been mine in this World rang from behind me.

I turned, My chambermaid Vivi stood with her head bowed to me. I smiled, walked across the cobblestones again, into my bedroom. It was larger than my apartment's living room and my bedroom combined. My black wood vanity was about the size of my twin bed back home that I'd no doubt wake up in. The black lace pattern stood out on the walls, and finally my favorite, the bed. The blood-red satin covers called out to me, stretched out on the King sized bed.

I walked into the room, Vivi scurried to the fireplace in front of my bed, and began making a fire. I slid off the violet-laced ball gown I'd been in all day, slid the delicate lace sleeves off ever so slowly. I felt Vivi begin unlacing my corset strings for me, she slid off the top of my gown, it took nearly a decade to remove the slip and the tulle underneath. Finally, I put on my white silk gown, slid into my bed.

"How was your day, Vivi?" I asked as I slid into bed, still amazed at my sudden English accent in these dreams.

"Fine, Mum. Did my chores, had lunch out in the rose garden" She shrugged, her face turning stone.

She knew something and didn't want to tell me. I could pull my rank card, and demand she do but I didn't like it.

"Vivi, what is it?" I asked.

"I'll be punished if I say, Mum," She said fearfully, sitting on my bed.

"Have I ever done you such a way?" I asked, offended.

"No, Mum of course not" She jumped. "This is different though. It's pertaining to your magic, Mum"

Oh. That word was unspeakable around my father. Now I understood why darling Viviana was so frightened. She knew he could feel it when it was being spoken of.

"Remember Vivi, what is our code word for it" I reminded her gently.

"Your Moonlight" She nodded quickly. "His Majesty is beginning to fear that your highness can't control your Moonlight for much longer seeing as you're getting older Mum"

"I'm 22, Vivi. I've kept it under control for this long, I believe I can hold it for the rest of my life" I scrunched together my perfect brows.

"Forgive me for arguing M'lady but Magi- Moonlight like yours doesn't just keep dormant. It'll blow up one day or another mum. That's our fear"

"Vivi, please don't listen to my father. I know my Moonlight better than anyone. If I say I'm okay then I'm okay" I smiled reassuringly.

"Goodnight Mum" she quickly got up, and scurried out of the room.