Chapter 12: The stone that the builder refused

Jonathan got out of his bed and looked around the room, Emilie and Victor slept in their beds, every single light was out and everything that wasn't in a five-meter Radius of Jonathan was practically invisible. He wondered where that weird feeling came from but quickly brushed it off as just a stray bug that crashed into his arm, but that feeling returned to his legs, it quickly rushed through his entire body, and before the boy could realize what had happened, He became a watcher of his own body.

Jonathan could only spectate his actions and was hopeless to stop his body from moving out of the tent, as if things couldn't get any worse his soul felt like it was being ripped out of his body, and before he could even realize what happened to him, he was back in the halls.

A small panic rushed through his body, in front of him was the creature, and this time he could see it. Its body had a metallic shimmer, it almost looked like it tried to mimic real clothes through metallic parts and particles. This time it didn't try to kill Jonathan, the beast just stood there with a menacing aura. Jonathan now recognized that its green eyes were just two oxidized copper pieces mixed with iron, something that was once so menacing was just an illusion, something trying its hardest to resemble a human.

"You can speak, can't you? Then what the fuck do you want ?", it took all of his courage to say that, but with an iron will and a stare that could kill, he looked at the fake eyes of that monster. It pointed its metallic finger at him, and the finger slowly started to approach his eyes.

He could now see the finer details of the beast, the finger was created by gathering magnetic material, grounding it up, and forming its body. Jonathan felt a slight tingle in his forehead, through the beast's reflecting head he saw a small hole, not bigger than a needle, forming in his forehead and extracting blood, it was extracting the iron out of his body.

It suddenly stopped, and a stable bridge of red blood has been formed between him and the monster's finger. A sudden shock, not unlike that of an electrical shock, spread from his forehead to his entire body, after a few seconds Jonathan began to feel cold, but right after that, every single feeling in his entire body became numb. The boy felt like he was floating in endless space, "We are not so different", the beast had spoken. "I was falling endlessly until I crashed into... you."

Jonathan was shocked, the reason why he was stuck on that Island, why he was in this abnormal hell, why his body was different. "I was driven out of my own body, but you are simply too weak to control me. Your reign has now ended, your body does not exist anymore, and after I overload your cells with magnetism, we will switch skeletons, and you will be under my control. Jonathan Bowery shall rise once again!"

Jonathan was unable to do anything as he saw something that could only be described as a soul, he and the other Jonathan seemed to switch bodies, the other Jonathan's soul resembled the body that Jonathan was inside, with long, blonde hair and deep, purple eyes.

As Jonathan morphed into the body of the beast, he could feel all of his power escaping his body. "The power of control and the power of magnetism, I shall name it [SCARY SAINTS&SUPER MONSTER]!" Everything suddenly went black and Jonathan had gone into a deep, deep slumber.

The other Jonathan raised his hand and [SUPER MONSTER] punched him in the chest, both of them suddenly sucked into an invisible hole, contorting but with no harm to their bodies, in the blink of an eye they got transported back into the real world, "So this is the universe connected to the dimension between" 

He moved his head from left to right, his surroundings were covered in darkness, and only a few light sources were scattered in the night, piercing into the eyes of his newly awakened consciousness. Sounds filled his ears, and the random noises created by the island's residents sounded like a melody to the once-trapped soul. The grass was brushing against his feet, almost bringing a giggle out of his mouth

"What a wonderful place, it not only seems to be rich in wildlife, the darkness is also the perfect cover for the person sneaking up on me." with a smooth motion, Jonathan turned around and punched into the ground, his magnetic abilities revealing the location of the threat. Expecting to hit a bony skull, Jonathan swung with as much power as he could, only to find his hand at the receiving end of a rocky texture.

While his left arm recoiled from all the pain, his right hand scooped under what seemed to be a human chin that was made of stone. His hand had a firm grip on the thing's chin and started to sore from all the friction between the rocky exterior of the chin and the fleshy hand, he put all of his body into the motion of slamming the person into the ground. Jonathan was perplexed when he heard a booming crack when he lifted the person, stopping midway, he used the sparse light of the astral bodies above him to inspect what he had pulled out of the ground.

It was like a person made of stone, having its body ripped out of the ground. Through the sheer force used to tear it away from its home turf its legs and lower torso were completely missing, but this brought the creature no distress at all, the only thing it did was stare at Jonathan.

A spark appeared in the boy's mind, it was as if the other Jonathan was giving him new memories, and one of them was of a man that had the same face as this rock creature that he held in his arm. "After I drank from the old one's wine, I started to become like a rock, my flesh was starting to be replaced by the stone and my emotions seemed to dwindle, I started to talk with the old one, he told me how the fleshed were intruders from other planets, killing almost every rock with emotions, he had survived billions of years and finally died a few years ago." these were the words of the former expedition member, "In his final moments he told me a saint would come, one with a body of flesh and the bones of rock, the perfect creature that had the abilities of the rocks and the freedom of the flesh"

The transformed Man took a hold of Jonathan's arm and uttered: "[MINDSTORM]". Tons of small organisms flooded the teenager's body, it was like a puppet master pulling the strings of his puppet, but the strings were every single one of Jonathan's cells, he let the stone human fall to the ground and twitched not in pain, but in endless helplessness. "You are the one who dominates, but to dominate you need somebody to submit, and it seems that somebody is behind you".

Jonathan finally noticed how [SUPER MONSTER] mimicked his exact movements, only in metallic form, "He is but a mere skeleton of a saint, it seems that the old one was wrong, there was not one but two of you !", Jonathan couldn't do anything as his body moved on its own, his brain cells too overstimulated to conquer this freaks cell control and make a giant needle cushion out of his body.

Jonathan Schneider - Date of birth: 20/12/2005, Date of death: 4/8/1889