Chapter 8 : The Night

The group quickly looked around to try to identify the source of the laughter, "Get to the trees!" shouted Victor at the rest of the group with terror in his voice.

Jonathan quickly turned around looking for a tree the group could climb, "See anything to climb?" shouted Jonathan stressed about the situation he was in, as he turned his head round and round he saw two little dots, glowing in the setting sun. Then there appeared two more and another two and another two.

The Glowing Dots filled the jungle with terror and fear, this was the same feeling Jonathan had on his first encounter with the Creature in his dreams, it was primal fear.

Jonathan quickly sprung to one of the trees trying to climb to a branch he could hold onto, his hands gripping onto the bark trying to steady.

Blood slowly poured down from his hands and onto the ground, "Don't sit there and watch them, or do you both have a death wish?! Now come over here so that we can get up to safety !!" screamed Jonathan at the other two who were trying to work out the situation, "Are you deaf!?" screamed Jonathan with all of his power, even the animals were scared by the screams of Jonathan.

Emilie quickly got out of her panic-freeze and grabbed Jonathan by the foot and formed a thief-ladder, Jonathan stretched his arm trying to reach a branch he could climb onto, "You should move your ass you scottish sausage !" shouted Jonathan at Victor fearing for his dear life, Victor looked into the glowing eyes with fear and his whole face was overflowing with sweat as he gulped and ran towards the two.

He grabbed Emilie by the legs and slowly lifted her up, Jonathan's fingers wrapped around the branch and pulled him up. Jonathan stood on the branch kneeling down to Emilie in order to pull her up," just stretch a little bit more !" shouted Victor at Emilie holding her up as far as he possibly could. Emilie tried to grab onto Jonathan's arm but she was way to short, as the two struggled to get up on the branch Jonathan saw the face behind the wall of eyes appear out of the jungle, "Behind you!" shouted Jonathan at the two with a face as white as chalk.

Emilie looked behind hear as to see what was behind her but she only saw what the others could see : A wall of eyes, but Victor still stood holding her up as far as he possibly could, his muscles slowly tearing and his legs getting weaker.

"Watch out!" shouted Jonathan at Victor as he stretched out his arm to try to grab Emilie, but it was to late and Victor was attacked by one of the creatures from the back and bit into his hips, "Shit!!" screamed Victor and lost hold of Emilie.

Jonathan quickly anchored himself with his hands to the branch and let his feet drop down so that Emilie could hold onto them, Emilie didn't waste the opportunity and her hands quickly wrapped around his legs, "Don't just hang there and get up !" shouted Victor as he shook the animal off his back.

The animal was thrown a few meters but quickly got up and started approaching Victor, "I- Is that a Dog ?!" asked Victor with a face that looked like it saw the devil face to face.

The animal was now only an arm away from Victor who stood his ground like a fortress, its saliva reflecting in the moonlight and dropping to the wet jungle-floor.

Victor slowly backed off. One foot after another keeping his eyes on the animal, his feet losing stability each step he takes, slowly losing his posture as if he was drunk.

Victor's vision started to become blurred and he couldn't distinguish the stars from the animal's eyes, and fell down on the wet jungle floor.

Victor dragged himself across the floor, his clothes getting soaked and the blood coming from his hips painted the ground under him red. The Animal sniffed Victor's trail of red in curiosity and fixated its eyes on Victor after the scent seemed to grab the attention of the Animal.