Chapter 1 : The Room

It was a stormy night, Jonathan was listening to music and was writing an essay for school.

When he typed the last words for the Essay, he heard the house door open. He knew it was his mother, so he quickly turned off his PC and got into his bed, Jonathan pretended to sleep and hoped that his mother wouldn't notice he stayed up so late.

When the door opened, he closed his eyes and waited, the door closed again, he opened his eyes and looked over his shoulder. He caught a glimpse of his mother in her gray working attire closing the door.

Jonathan's mother was a hardworking woman that tried to give her son everything that he needed to fulfill his dreams, as he looked at the pitch black room his eyes became tired and with a tingly feeling around his body he fell asleep.

A strange smell stung his nose, he opened his eyelids and noticed something strange. His dinosaur figurines and posters were gone, the white wallpaper of his room was replaced by an unsettling yellow. He looked around the room and saw a nightstand beside him with a flashlight and night lamp, the ground was coated with a gray carpet littered with toys. He had two doors on either side of the room. A small panic rushed through his brain and as he jumped out of the bed he accidentally stepped on a toy, hit his head against the floor and got knocked out.

After half an hour Jonathan got up and his head was throbbing with pain, as his hand reached his forehead a sudden realization came out of his mind. This couldn't be a dream, he felt pain. This was reality.

Question upon question began to appear in his throbbing head. Did he die and this was his personal hell? Was his former life just been a simulation and this was the truly real one? But nobody gave him an answer, he was alone in this room. While he was standing there in fear, he heard a creak. It hadn't come out of his room but from the left door

He quietly walked to the door and looked through the keyhole. There was the silhouette of a human with a bowler hat and two green eyes standing, searching for something.

 The two green dots suddenly focused on the keyhole, and fear quickly rushed through Jonathan's body. He was so scared he couldn't even move, the thought that this thing noticed him had a petrifying effect on Jonathan. He tried to move, but he couldn't, Jonathan knew it was hopeless, the creature would do god knows what with him, and he was powerless to stop it

He was prepared for his death, thinking of his life: his mother, who will never see him succeed, his friends, those few minutes he had been in this room and something else, it was a memory of four girls that he knew he never saw, it was like an implanted memory. Jonathan's mind suddenly had an idea: grab the flashlight. His Body moved on its own and wrapped his hand around it

Then the halls were suddenly filled with mechanical footsteps. One step: Jonathan shook the flashlight to make sure it worked. Second step: Jonathan's heart started racing, he tried to calm himself down by breathing slower, but it wouldn't do anything. Third step: Jonathan heard noises that reminded him of metal being grinded against another metal. Fourth step :The door was flung open. A giant monster that pulsed with every step it took came out of the door and walked slowly towards Jonathan. It looked into his eyes, its needle teeth trying to maintain their form. Jonathan was facing it eye to eye and was shocked with fear. He took all his courage and tried to press the button, but none of his fingers would move. He started crying, for it was the day he would die.

As he was staring into the beast's eyes, he saw his own cowardness in the reflection, his whole life would be wasted if he just let it eat him. The fear turned into anger, and he pressed the button to activate the flashlight. The light irritated the beast, and it looked like it was in great pain.

Its body started to melt like ice in the sun, but it wasn't any liquid that appeared, it was something resembling sand, iron sand.

There was just a pile of iron sand on the floor, which laid on the carpet. He quickly stepped over the pile and looked around, he couldn't believe that his mother was left alone without him, every single second of overtime she did was for him, and now she didn't even know why her son left her. He wanted to say to her that everything would be alright, he wanted to see her one last time and say his goodbyes, but he can't. The boy will never be able to see his mom again.

 Jonathan collapsed on his knees and started to cry. He couldn't contain himself, the guilt was crushing him.

But he didn't have a chance to weep for long. He knew that there were more of these things in the halls, so he closed the door and looked back into the room of dread. He sat down on the bed, wiping the tears off his face. As the negative thoughts filled his head, he looked at the ground, noticing that the carpet wasn't filled with iron sand anymore. He jumped up from the bed and turned around, only to see a face of pure violence and torture opening its jaws. It was waiting until he was distracted, and now he didn't have a flashlight, no exit and only a heart full of fear and sadness. As the creature lunged forward, he closed his eyes, but he felt nothing.

Nothing but a tingling and the feeling of falling. He opened his eyes and saw himself falling through the ground, falling like this for ten minutes until he fell out into a sea of bubbles that duplicated themselves every half second

He tried to breathe, but there was no air, not even stars, only rows and rows of bubbles. He suddenly felt a strong shock and became unconscious.