4. Direct Sunlight

|Earlier that day|

Wow, she's so beautiful. She's a third year, right? So pretty. She even has a little beauty mark on her chin. She's gorgeous. Her hair looks so silky and soft.    

Oh.. everyone else is really staring at her.

Aren't people saying she's with (Y/n)-san...  

Yachi was snapped out of her thoughts by Kiyoko's question. "What do you think? Would you at least come by to observe?"   

"Huh?!" Yachi searched through her thoughts to remember what they were just talking about but she couldn't. So instead she just agreed on a whim. "Oh! Uh! Sure?"   

Kiyoko's face lit up. "You will?! Thank you! I'll come and get you after class, okay?"  

"Um!" Yachi started but Kiyoko was already walking off with a happy skip to her step.    

| Back to present |

"You did find a new person!!" Hinata yells in excitement.    

A new person? What the hell was he talking about, you thought.    

"Huh? What's this? Something up?" Tanaka and Noya say at the same time, walking up behind Suga.    

"Erm. She'll be joining us on a trial basis as a potential new manager." Kiyoko says, Yachi still hiding behind her.    

The smaller girl stood out from behind Kiyo, looking very stiff. "Um! My name is Hitoka Yachi!!"   

The others start crowding around her.    

"Wow. A new manager?" Daichi says.    

"Cool! That's awesome," Suga grins at her.    

Yamaguchi hung back, blushing a little.    

While the others crowded around her, you hung back.    

A new manager? Already? You had only just left the team a couple days ago, if that long. You didn't expect to get replaced that soon. You felt kind of jealous.    

"Wait!" Kiyoko interjects, trying to stop the boys from getting too excited. "This is still only temporary. I asked her to come for a few minutes today before she had her class representatives meeting. She's only here to say hi."   

Yachi bows, her eyes squeezed closed to shut out the embarrassment. "Um.. i-it's nice to meet you all."   

The boys all bow. "NICE TO MEET YOU!!" You stayed standing, staring her down.    

"Meep!" She takes a step back in shock, but your stare doesn't go unnoticed. She swallows, her throat suddenly dry.    

"And please hold off with the group greetings until she's used to you," Kiyo says. She puts a hand on Yachi's shoulder and guides her out of the gym. "Seeya later?" Kiyoko asks hopefully.    
Yachi nods and turns around, walking away. She lets out a sigh as soon as the gym door closes.    

Woah.. I came along without really knowing what I was getting into, but wow! Those guys are all so huge! What am I gonna do tomorrow?

She suddenly stops in place, a shock going through her.   

ohmigosh I actually stood next to that pretty girl for more than two seconds!!   

I-is her secret fan club going to appear and try to assassinate me now!?   

And that guy!

WAS THAT HER BOYFRIEND?

He was glaring at the whole time OHMIGOSH WHAT IF I MADE HIM MAD