3. The Road to Tokyo

"All right, listen up," Daichi says, standing before the four idiots with his arms crossed, you standing beside him.    

You were currently in the clubroom after practice trying to scold dumb, dumber, dumbest, and dayum-you-dumb. And by you I really mean Daichi was doing all of the work while you stood beside him.    

"Here are some rules that I expect you four to follow," he glares down at Noya, Tanaka, Kags and Hinata who are all on their knees in front of him. "First! No sleeping in class." They all flinch.    

"Yikes, they have to start there?" Asahi asks Suga from off the side where they were getting changed.    

You clear your throat. "Procrastinating until the last minute only to pull panicked all nighter cram sessions and then acting like zombies in both class and practice is entirely out of the question," you say, glaring down at all of them.    

Daichi nods in agreement. "Understood?"   

"Yes, Captain..." they chime reluctantly.   

Suga chuckles. "Don't worry, guys. We've still got plenty of time. Just be smart with your time and study hard. You'll do fine. I mean, all of you passed the entrance exams to make it here in the first place."   

Tanaka beams. "Suga-san!"   

The aura around Suga goes black. "Oh, but if I catch any of you snoozing in class, there will be hell to pay. Got it?~"   

You pat the heads of the dumbasses. "You guys can do it. I believe in you," you give them a warm smile.    

And of course Tanaka and Noya start crying. "(Y/N)!"   

"And that's my que to leave, bye guys!" You slip out of the club room, catching up to Tsukishima and Tadashi.   

"Hey guys," you say, slinging an arm around Tsuki and Tadashi. "How are my two favorite first years doing?"   

Tadashi's whole face brightens up. "Good!"   

"Doing just great," Tsuki says, slipping out of your hold and walking on ahead.   

"What about you, (Y/n)?" Tadashi asks.    

"I'm doing good. You worried about the whole exam thing?"   

He nods. "Just a little. But I know that if I study, everything will be okay. You?"   

"Eh, I'll make it through. And if I don't, you guys will live without me," you say with a shrug.    

"Nah, we need you. I think everyone would be really sad if you didn't come. I know I would," he turns and gives you a smile before pulling you ahead to catch up with Tsukishima. "Anyway, I'm really surprised Kageyama has such bad grades. He seems like he'd be a smart guy. Hinata was obvious though.."  

"I've actually been helping Kageyama study from time to time. He doesn't retain much of it though," you admit.    

"He probably has nothing but volleyball crammed into that stupid head of his..." Tsuki comments.    

All three of you freeze as you hear "TSUKISHIMA!! um... san."   

You turn around and see Hinata pushing bike towards you with Kags trailing behind him.     "HELP US STUDY!! please."   

Tsuki raises an eyebrow. "Huh? Why would I wanna do that?"   

Hinata scrunches his face up, he really didn't want to ask but he had no choice. "Just half an hour a day is fine! Just tips or tricks to studying right! A few minutes before and after practice wouldn't be that bad, would it?"