•○ Ambush x reader: Ambushed by care. ○•

(Trigger warning for wounds n' stuff.)

Hey. I'm (Y/N). And my life? Right now, it's kinda miserable. Around door 10 I had tripped and fell on something sharp, stabbing myself in the calf by accident. Yes, it did and still does hurt like hell! I haven't found anything to treat it with.

As I walked into door 44, the lights flickered. I thought it was rush that was coming, so I hid in a closet.
.
.
.

But no! It was an unfamiliar face instead. I haven't met this entity before, wonder who he is- oh wait he's gone. Time to get out of the clo- I MEAN NOT TIME TO GET OUT OF THE CLOSET! He came back again... weird.

My vision started to get blurry and red with the words 'GET OUT' all over the place. I forgot about hide! I then got pushed out, landing on my wound.

"BoO hIsS IT HURRRTTTTSSSSSS-" I shout, rolling on my side as ambush came back. I was ready for death to reveal itself to me, but it... didn't? I look up to see ambush looking down at my wound. "Are you... okay?" Ambush asked slowly. They look like they didn't want to speak, but they did anyway; just to express their concern for me?

"Could be better." I responded, trying to get up. Although, Ambush stops me from doing so. "No." They plainly said before leaving and coming back with bandages. They helped me put the bandages on the wound, making sure they were secure but not too tight.

"Better?" I nod. "Thanks." I get up and start walking away, and surely the entity wasn't there!

Or that's what I thought.
Turns out, the entity (that I now know as Ambush) was secretly following me! I was confused as to how I didn't notice the green hue they give off when I finally saw them.

"Ambush? Have you been following me?!" They kind of nod. "I have... was I not suppose to? I just wanted to make sure you were okay! I'm sorry-" I interrupt them. "Its fine! It's kind of adorable you were concerned for my cut..." I mumbled.

"Oh thank heavens, I thought you were mad at me! Everyone usually is." I sigh. "Its hard for me to be upset or mad at anyone, but I'm sorry you have to deal with that." "Its okay."

"Hey, how about we just continue on? I wanna leave this place..." Ambush stares at me for a bit. "Sure."

As we went on, they murmured some things here and there and I could only make out a few words.

"Regret..."
"Us...?"
"Sincere..."
"Hate."

I didn't know what they were talking about. "Hey, whatcha talking about ambush?" I asked whilst I was looking through drawers for supplies. "Oh. It's nothing." I look towards them to see they're staring back at me. "Certainly doesn't sound like it."

"Really, it's nothing." We then have a small staring contest and after a few minutes I broke the silence. "Just tell me."

"Okay, one word: Rush."
"Yeah, abo- Wait..."
R egret
U s
S incere
H ate.
"Oh... let's just get to the next room before we forget-"

(Word count: 533)