Stuck - Larry Stylinson

They said that they would take care of me.

They said I didn’t need to do what I had.

They said it would be easier like this.

They said I was safe here.

They were wrong.

They promised.

They lied.

I didn’t want to be here. I didn’t ask them to take me. I was fine on my own. It was perfect. But apparently the things I did were wrong and I needed to be here. I wasn’t safe on the streets and what I did was illegal. What I did was wrong.

People in my age shouldn’t be living alone on the streets, they said. They said I would have it better with them. There was nothing I could do to stop them. But what I still don’t understand, not even now three years later, how this is better than I had it…

Louis was one of many in the 'The home for emotionally and physical unstable people' he had it harder than others and his age did not help. It was hard to be sixteen and addicted to drugs, but he never thought that going to this 'Home' would be that awful. He lives with secrets and lies, the staff won't tell anyone the truth about what that had happened that night but Louis knows. He knows 'cause he was there and it's partly his fault. When somebody is trying to break into his world, will he let them? Or ignore them like he ignores everyone else?