07 Delusions of Grandeur

Currently suffering from the delusions of grandeur...

Some people don't see the perks in wondering. Some say, this is our life. There's no use in asking what if. No one could ever give you the answers. I try, I really do. But it's hard for me to accept this way of thinking.  I'm always wondering about the what-ifs, about the road not taken.

I've been wondering what it would feel like to be yourself but not, in terms of appearances, yourself. If it would be a mismatched clothing tragedy, or a fairytale story I lived to tell, that I cannot say. Though wouldn't it be a wonderful thing to be aware that you're somebody else you're not, that you're the "somebody" that you've become but cannot comprehend just yet?

And to be able to guard your fragile self with a strong face of a stranger and pretend you weren't hurt when you were, pretend you weren't raising the white flag when all your choice was that and pretend that you've come back as someone they can't hurt, wouldn't it be such a wonderful thing?

To be able to forget those memories you've always wanted to take off your mind, memories you've always wanted to replace with better ones but simply cannot make room, memories you've always wanted to come clean off, wouldn't it be such a wonderful thing?

To be able to stand up with your own words without thinking what other people says and be just who you are. Because you're afraid some people will judge you and you don't want people to scrutinize you. Wouldn't it be such a wonderful thing?

To be able to mask your filthy name with one that you can build up again, with one that isn't as dirty and with one that you're able to actually wipe, wouldn't it be such a wonderful thing? Wouldn't it?