Best bet II

Summary:

After being caught by his teacher and classmates, trying to sneak out of the hospital, Todoroki can't seem to find a way to escape his new boundaries, as Aizawa watches him like a hawk. 

It's not enough to stop him though, and he promises himself to keep trying, even if it ends up killing him.

===

He suddenly felt nauseous, as he forced the words out of his mouth, words that he didn't think would ever be spoken from his mouth- "I'll choose option two-" He couldn't help but face downwards towards his madras, as the words seemed to leave a bitter taste in his mouth afterwards, "- even as I don't see the benefits of your idea" He wasn't supposed to say that..

As the words rolled off of his tongue, realization suddenly settled in, and he looked up to meet his teachers gaze, in which seemed to be something between; Irritation and... concern? Aizawa's eyes were a bit wider than normal, probably from the shock. He's never talked like that to a teacher before..

His gaze shifted back towards his lap, as he didn't dare to maintain eye contact- "I'm... I'm sorry" Todoroki almost whispered it out, so he weren't actually sure if Aizawa had heard it, but than he heard his teachers voice, coming out a bit harsher than before. Though it weren't even close to what he was used to...

"Listen, kid" He knew that tone a bit too well by now, but he still couldn't bring himself to look up. "We both know that you do see the benefits, and, that you know exactly why I suggested it in the first place" He waited to see if Todoroki would look at him, but the youngers head never moved even the slightest. He knew that Todoroki knew why, he were just trying to play dumb as to get out of his current situation, but Aizawa weren't budging even the slightest.

"Who'll stay?" The younger mumbled out, still not raising his head from it's downwards position. Aizawa just looked at him with a raised eyebrow, while knowing very well that the other couldn't see it.

"What? I can't hear you, when you mumble like that" Aizawa tried to soften his voice, but it didn't seem to work. Or maybe he wasn't really trying...

A sigh left the youngers throat, as he suddenly increased his volume- "I said, who'll stay here" He looked up this time, meeting his teachers gaze, only to instantly regret it, as he realised how the older were starring down at him. None the less, his gaze didn't falter from the olders. He wasn't going to show weakness, especially not in a situation like this.

"We'll come to that in a moment.." He couldn't exactly say that he were surprised by the olders statement, but more by the tone of his voice- he almost... mumbled? Something Todoroki had never heard him do before. He didn't know, whether the older were intimidated by the way he spoke, or by the way he kept eye contact while doing it. 

It wasn't until the older cleared his throat, that Todoroki realised how his gaze had drifted downwards again. He really needed to be more reactive to his surroundings... "Now-" He watched as Aizawa turned his head briefly towards the other students by the door, before returning his gaze towards Shoto, "- let's get this over with. I have some students here, who needs to be back in the dorms in-"

Aizawa looked down, before pulling out his phone from his pocket. Todoroki didn't understand why though. Their curfew were usually around 10 pm, and the clock were probably past 11 pm by now... God, if only he could of gotten away with it, then he wouldn't have this conversation right now..

"- thirty minutes, by then it will be 12 pm exact" The older looked up from his phone, before putting it back inside his pocket, "So just like you, I'd like to get this conversation over with" Atleast they had something in common...