Returning light

Requested by: SaumyaPaul9

Summary:

Todoroki never really shows any emotions, and when he does, they're usually directed at something entirely out of his reach. So when class A suddenly meets a random person out on a class stroll through town, they can't help but find it weird, when it's their stoick classmate of all people, who seems interested. And when this person suddenly gets Todoroki to genuinely smile for the first time in forever, they can't help but wonder where this person came from and who they are.

(This oneshot contains my own OC)

===

There was a lot of noise and a lot of people, all walking in their individual directions. Why was he here again? He didn't even like being in the open like this...

"We should check that store out next!"

Mina yelled, as the rest of the class just followed closely behind her, like they had for the past seven stores. It seemed like another clothing store, and he really didn't want to look through another one of those today... 

"Do we have to though? Can't those who wants to buy clothes go with Mina, and the rest stay out here?" Kirishima suddenly said- voicing what all of them had been thinking... it seemed like he wasn't the only one who wanted to stay out here, as a lot of the other boys also voiced their agreement...

The ones who wanted to enter the store was a bit reluctant to the idea at first, but then agreed, as they all promised to wait outside the store. He didn't mind waiting.. he just didn't want to keep receiving weird glances from people inside of the stores...

They were just about one third of the class left outside, as they all found a spot to stay without being in anyone else's' way. "What are you thinking about?" Midoriya suddenly asked from besides him, as he too leaned against the wall.

"Not much. Why?"

His friends' gaze shifted from its original spot, and towards the rest of their class, as he seemed to observe how they were all talking and laughing together. "Don't you want to join in? You haven't said much for this entire trip"

He just hadn't felt like speaking to any of them.. not like they had much to talk about to begin with...

"It's fine. I don't need to socialize with them, to feel like a part of the group" He knew that it wasn't what Midoriya had been searching for, but he just didn't feel like explaining himself right now... it should be fine...

"Are you sure though-"

"Yeah" He cut him off, as Midoriya's voice softened. "This is fine. Really"

Midoriya seemed sceptical at first, until he realised that there was nothing he could do to change his opinion- flashing his signature smile, before turning to leave. "If you say so, Todoroki-"

But just as the last word left his mouth, another voice sounded from somewhere further down the sidewalk- "Todoroki?"

It was a girl, who didn't seem very far from their own age. She had long hair, which contained different colors like purple, pink and blue. 

She seemed to be walking towards them at first, before her expression lit up and she started running- catching a few of their other classmates' attention, who seemed to mumble alongside themselves.

"Shoto?!"

The calling of his name made his head turn- only for his eyes to widen, as the girl suddenly jumped into his arms, while holding on tightly, "It's been so long!". Her voice seemed familiar, until he suddenly remembered who it was. Why was she here though?