Spidercat

Peter and Wade were running or in Peter's swinging across the rooftops of New York City. It was a easy day they had caught a small group of criminals who were trying to rob a atm. This time they didn't pull any dangerous alien tech and throw him around. Peter was grateful for that.

Wade was humming some 80's song that he heard from the radio. Peter was ignoring it focusing on looking around for any sign of trouble. It was oddly quiet for the buzzing metropolis that was NYC. Crime was always active even if Peter wasn't being Spiderman.

Villains always seemed to know when he was doing something important or enjoying himself. That was when they always decided to strike. Peter's friends called it his Peter luck. It meant that when something could go wrong for him to most often did.

That was why at that precise moment Wade stopped right in front of him. He had alighted down on a rooftop for a break since he'd been swinging for a while. Peter had enough time to grab onto the wall with his hands and cling to it.

"Wade help me up!" Peter said he looked down at the rush hour traffic below. Peter would have used to be scared but his life had been threatened by so many villains throughout the years and scaling rooftops had made him immune to heights. He practically lived half of his adult life on walls or on high up places.

"Oh, sorry Spidey didn't notice you down there!" Wade said he grabbed a hold of the heroes hand pulling him up easily. Peter gave Wade an unimpressed look Wade scratched the back of his neck and gave him what would have been a sheepish smile had his mask not been on.

"Let's rest a few then continue on the patrol alright?" Peter asked he sat down on the rooftop pulling his mask above his nose.

"Sounds good to me Petey. Besides, I'm hungry I could eat a whole-" Wade said he was interrupted he was in the middle of taking their lunch out of his bag he had brought.

A loud sound had stopped him Peter watcher confused as Wade ran over to the other side of the roof and bent down over something. "Wade what are you doing?" Peter asked concerned. Receiving no answer Peter sighed and he walked over to where Wade was bent down over something.

"Wade is that a cat?" Peter asked confused.

"Yup isn't he cute?" Wade asked he pet the cat behind the ear it purred. Most animals were terrified of Wade and his loud obnoxious personality. This cat didn't seem to care as he allowed Wade to pet him. Peter sighed be knew that Wade was going to be distracted by it for a while.

"Babe if you eat your lunch then you can play with the cat all you want." Peter said he wanted his lunch and he didn't want Wade getting hungry or complaining when his food got cold.

"Okay fine." Wade said he sat down he handed Peter his food before digging into his own. A meow interrupted their conversation they'd been having about the best type of taco. Wade patted his lap and the cat walked over with no hesitation and jumped into his lap.

Peter was surprised to say the least even after he saw Wade pet the cat earlier. Most attempts of Wade trying to pet every animal they found either resulted in a angry animal biting him or it running away in fear for it's life because Wade scared it half to death.

"Peter he's so cute can we keep him?" Wade asked he had pulled his mask off to eat and he was giving Peter his "puppy eyes."

"Definitely not our apartment is already crowded enough as it is. Besides, I'm not even sure our landlord allows pets." Peter said he reached his hand down to absentmindedly pet the cat. He rubbed against Peter's hand and purred.

Peter smiled for a second and he then heard the flash of a camera. "Really Wade?" Peter asked not as annoyed as he used to get when the man randomly took pictures of him.

"What you looked so cute petting Spidercat!" Wade said he showed Peter the picture on his phone. Peter rolled his eyes at the picture. It wasn't even like Wade could show anyone them since he was in his Spiderman outfit and had his mask pulled up the edge of it resting on his nose.

"You can't name it Wade! We aren't keeping it." Peter said firmly hoping his boyfriend would drop it.

"Please Petey? I'll give him lots of sunlight, water, and plant him in a pot." Wade said once again giving him his puppy dog eyes. Peter blinked confused then he face palmed once he realized what Wade was saying.

"One that's how you take care of a flower not a cat. Second what if he already is owned by someone?" Peter asked he already didn't want Wade to take the cat but he would feel guilty if Wade took the cat home and it turned out to be someone's pet.

Peter knew even that stupid of a story would be snatched up like Jameson. He could see it know across local newspapers Spiderman steals a little girls cat he should be put into jail for this. It was so ridiculous but he was sure Jameson would actually put it in his paper he'd made crazier accusations against Peter.

"No collar see?" Wade said holding the cat up to show Peter.

"Whatever Wade we still don't need a pet-" Peter said he stopped talking once he felt something furry in his lap. Peter reached down and petted the cat. It rubbed against his hand and be was kidding himself if it wasn't the cutest thing he'd ever seen.

A week later Spidercat was comfortably sprawled across Peter's and Wade's old sofa between the two men as they watched TV. Spidercat had managed to worm his way into not only Wade's but Peter's heart as well. Now he got food and attention whenever he wanted it was amazing. Plus he tolerated the two men that he lived with they were okay for servants.

"Wade how did you get out landlord to agree to keep him?" Peter asked curiously. Their landlord had been explicit on no pets when they'd asked.

"People always have a way of giving in." Wade said he grinned as he pulled out his wallet. Peter rolled his eyes he had a smile on his face though typical Wade.