Penthouse Living

Chapter 27

Glumly, I pack my clothes in my suitcase. I was discharged from the hospital two days ago. Prince said we must be on the move again if the gang caught up to us that quickly. I was just getting used to L.A. I like it here. It feels like another home.

There is a knock at the door.

"Come in!"

Ms.Perez opens slowly and gives me a sad smile. I hug her tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you Maya."

"Me too."

She pulls back. "You are welcome back here anytime."

"Thank you." I sigh. "I really don't want to go."

"That's life for you. Unexpected but you have to ride the wave."

I zip up my last suitcase and roll it to the front door.

"Did Beans ever come back?"

"Oh yeah. He's an independent dog."

"Ok. Phew. I thought I would loose him forever."

She laughs. "You're fine."

Prince walks in from outside.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

I hug Ms.Perez again.

"We will see each other soon." She says.

"Promise."

Prince hugs his mom. "See you later."

"Come back again! I like visitors."

We wave goodbye and get into the cab waiting for us. Everything was packed in and we were on our way.

"Do you know where we are going now?" I ask Prince.

"Las Vegas." He said, squeezing my hand."

"Really?"

"Yep. Our manager told us. We have a show there. But mostly chilling out."

"Sweet."

The ride was tiresome. I'm a little glad we didn't take the tour bus; I don't think I will be able to ever look at Roc the same. I had fallen asleep up against Prince. When he nudged me awake, we were here. It was noon and the city was bustling. We get out the cab. The trunk pops open and I scoot the suitcases over to the sidewalk. Prince pays the driver and picks up his bags. I look up at the tall building in front of us.

"Woah."

"It's a very nice hotel. And we got the best rooms." He winks at me.

The receptionist gives us our room key. Somebody had already picked up our suitcases. We walk into the elevator and the doors rumble shut. I see all the buttons of the floors in the hotel. It went up to 40.

"40?!"

"This is Vegas. Bigger is better."

"Which floor are we on?"

Prince smiles. "40."

"Rooftop?"

"Just us."

"What about the rest of the boys?"

"Prod hates heights, Ray likes to be close to the pool to stalk girls, and Roc always has his room next door to the gym."

"Oh so we are all separated in this giant hotel?"

"Basically. Which means I get alone time with you." He pulls me close and kisses my nose.

Ding! The elevator doors open. I walk out in the hall, Prince following close behind. There were very few doors.