His Second Family

Chapter 19

I am setting the table when the door opens and Princeton walks in. Beans greets him at the door. He comes in the kitchen and kisses his mother on the cheek, then me.

"How was it?" Ms. Perez asks.

"Cool. Nice to see them all again."

"You came just in time."

"Yum."

After dinner, I helped Ms. Perez with the dishes while Prince went to walk Beans. I put the leftover tacos in a case for Ray Ray. My phone buzzes.

Kenya: Mayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaayyataayayayayayatayayayayayayayayayayayayayaayayayayayayayayayayaya

Me: ._. What

Kenya: Hi

Me: fml

Remi: where are you?

Me: California

Remi: What! Lucky

Kenya: I actually have to go to a big cheer competition in Nevada.

Me: woah really? Cool

Remi: wyd now?

Me: helping prince's mom with the dishes

Remi: he introduced you to his mom? Wow that's saying something.

Me: how?

Kenya: you know how all boys love their mama. That's like the first woman they love in their life. When he lets you meet her that means he's serious with the relationship

Me: dang Kenya when did you become a love advice Cupid

Remi: right

Kenya: .......shut the fuck up

Me: hahaha

I look up from my phone. Ms. Perez quietly stands at the sink.

"Ma'am?"

"Yes?"

"Are you going to ever finish your story?"

She pauses. "When the time is right, yes."

"Awww but it was getting good." !

She smiles at me.

"Do you need anymore help?"

"Oh no I'm fine. You are the guest. Just relax."

"Okay thank you."

"Welcome."

I leave the kitchen and start exploring the house. There were three bedrooms, and I peeked in all of them. Guest, Ms.Perez's, and Princeton's. I go into his. It's a plain room with a small tv and clothes all over the floor. A giant bed sat in the middle. Posters of Mindless Behavior, Misfits, Nirvana, and Mod Sun were on the walls.

I see my suitcases stacked on the side of the wall, Princeton's right next to mine. The clock beeps on his dresser. 7:45. When did Prince leave? Shouldn't he be back right now? I was about to tell Ms. Perez when I saw his closet. Remembering the story she told me, I creep over and open it.

There wasn't much clothes in the closet. I move them aside searching for them. On the top shelf, I spot it. They were the cutest little things! They reminded me of the fairy wings I used to wear when I was little. I put it on and it fits me perfectly. I keep digging through his stuff and I find some old albums. Hmm will it be wrong to look in these? Hell naw, I'm practically part of the family.