Suspicions

Chapter 15

The plane takes off and I watch New York from a bird's eye view. It was one large working body; from the veins filled with cars and people to the main heart of the city. The Statue of Liberty stands tall as it all grows smaller. Clouds cover the rest of the beautiful sight. I sigh and Princeton next to me chuckles.

"You alright?" He asks.

"Yeah." He kisses my forehead and goes back on his iPhone. Across from us is Ray and Roc. Roc knocked out already. Ray's trying to put whip cream on his nose. In front of them, Prod still hanging on to his seat after take off. I laugh.

"Prod, we're in the air." He shakes his head fast at me.

"Uh-uh. Waiting to make sure." He grips the edge of the seat harder. The rest of the people on board stare at him. Prince and I burst out laughing.

My phone buzzes and I see its Tejah.

Tejah: hey long time no speak

Me: Wassup bud

Tejah: well... Me and the girls were wondering if we can hang out soon?

Me: -__- Tejah a killer is after me

Tejah: so?

Me: smh

Tejah: we miss you maya :( maybe the boys can let you?

Me: I'm sorry :/ I'm on the plane right now to California

Tejah: WHAT?!? No fair!!!

Me: Listen that crazy guy at the concert caught up to me in new york. We had to leave immediately. I barely escaped with my life!

Tejah: oh.. Alright if it's for the best :(

Me: it's going to be fine

Tejah: yeah....

Me: maybe next time we are in town

Tejah: ok bye

Me: bye

I was sad when Tejah said they missed me. What else can I do? My life is in danger. Prodigy told us that we had to leave at the very moment while they were gone. I guess across the country will do. But I do miss Tejah, Remi, and Kenya. They must have been devastated when they didn't see me after the concert. Even though I'm happy to have Princeton, I miss my old life. Carefree, don't have to worry about people trying to kill you.

I breath a deep sigh. Princeton looks over.

"What's on your mind?"

"Everything! Just life....."

"And how it fucks us all?"

I laugh. "Pretty much."

"But there are some precious moments where I sit back and thank life." His thumb grazes my jaw and he looks into my eyes. "Like when I met you. You are truly the love of my life. Don't ever forget it Princess."

I smile and he kisses me tenderly. We pull away when we hear Roc waking up and shoving whip cream down Ray's throat. Prod, Prince and I laugh and Prod tries to break them up. They make a lot of noise and all three of them are covered in whip cream in the end. The flight attendants gave all of us the stank eye. I'm pretty sure we're gonna get kicked off this airline. All I could to do was laugh alongside Prince.

Chapter 16

I look down at the paper in my hands and read the words printed neatly on it. Shaking my head, I look back up.

"It's official. American Airlines banned us from every riding their planes again."

"For what?" Ray asks.