Day 11 - Accusations?

(First Person POV)

(Sonic's POV)

It's been pretty rough lately. I mean that as in, a lot of drama and wonky stuffs been going on and I'm here to witness all of it. Knuckles and Rouge finally got together, Tails and Cream are putting eachother in the friendzone even though they know they like eachother, Shadow and Amy have chemistry, but refuse to acknowledge it, but those aren't the only things happening. Sally and I recently got home from yet another mission, we were taking care of some recent robberies in another zone, and when we came home, our bedroom window was broken. Had Sally not been wearing her gear, she would've cut her feet really badly on that broken glass.

Ever since then, we've been trying to figure out if we were robbed and who broke our window, we've had no luck so far, since this happened a day ago, but we'll eventually get to the bottom of it. Right now, I'm laying down on a hammock in my front yard, kicking it easy, relaxing, and letting that warm sunshine hit my face. My eyes are closed, and I'm letting my thoughts consume me. It's been such a nice day so far, nothing could ruin this-

"Sonic! I need to talk to you! It's really, really important!"

Well, so much for that.. I open my eyes, and see my yellow fox friend gliding towards me, a worried look on his face. He looks as if he hasn't slept, or just had a really bad day. I hop out of my hammock and turn to face him. What could've possibly happened..?

Tails lands on the ground, placing his hands on his knees, to catch his breath. I give him a moment to regain his breath, and look at him questioningly.

"I.. the Chaos Emerald you let me keep....has...been taken from my....garage." Tails manages to get out, before silently panting once more. So the Dark Blue Chaos Emerald is gone? What's so bad about that? Eggman probably has it, and I doubt he has the others. I ask Tails,

"When did your emerald get stolen?"

"Yesterday, I believe." Tails responds. I realize that my window was broken yesterday as well. Did someone break into our house to find the Chaos Emerald..? That would make a lot of sense, but Eggman doesn't usually do that. He'd send one of his robots, such as Metal Sonic, or have someone else get them for him. If that's the case, then that begs the question..

Who was looking for the emeralds?

My train of thought is interuppted by Tails, who has noticed I was thinking, and asked me what was on my mind.

"What's wrong, Sonic? Do you think that Eggman stole our emerald?"

"No, this wasn't Eggman, this was the work of someone else. We should ask around, and gather some information that can help us solve this mystery."

Tails looks at me approvingly, and within the next few minutes, I kiss Sally goodbye, promising to fill her in on what's going on later, and rushing off to our friends' homes.

We first visit the house closest to us, which is Knuckles house. We knock a couple of times, waiting for an answer from the red echidna, but we never get one, just silence and a bit of a breeze.
"Today must be one of those days that he's at the Master Emerald..." I hear Tails say behind me. I nod my head in agreement and we make our way to the emerald, using my speed and Tails flying ability to make it there in no time.
As expected, we're there within moments, and drop down to see Knuckles sitting in front of the emerald, while Rouge is sitting on top of it and conversing with Knux. We walk up to the pair, who notice our presence and greet us.

"Hey, Sonic! How're ya doing!" Knux says while cracking his knuckles.

"Heya boys, what brings you here?" Rouge says, eyeing the both of us.