Day 7 - The Rescue

Vanilla, our beloved rabbit mother, woke up the same way she usually did, waking up naturally around 10 am. She sat up, rubbing her eyes and slightly yawning, covering her mouth as she did. She got out of bed, brushing her teeth and fixing her ears/hair. She put on a casual outfit of a red shirt and black shorts, along with some red socks, and made her way to Cream's room, to wake her for the day. She walked up to Cream's door, knocking a few times and awaiting an answer.

She got no answer.

Once again, Vanilla knocked on the door, giving Cream another chance to wake up and walk to the door.

Once more, no answer was heard.

Assuming that she was just being a heavy sleeper, Vanilla walked into the little rabbit's room, and found the scene that had taken place the previous night. Theblanket that laid on Cream's bed was now on the floor, a few inches away from the upper right corner of the bed. Cream's pillows were fully fluffed up, indicating that they haven't been laid on in hours. Lastly, Cream's window was open, and the light yellow curtains that hung a few feet above the window were now hanging out of the window. Vanilla covered her mouth with her hands, panic overwhelming her, as tears pricked at her eyes. She had assumed the worst immediately, and being the protective mother that she is, immediately became very, very furious. She was going to get the help of Sonic and his friends, and find her daughter. When she did, she was going to make the one that took her baby away suffer. Vanilla ran downstairs, grabbing her shoes and putting them on before making her way to Amy's house. She would've went to Sonic's house, but she knew that Amy and Cream had a closer relationship than Sonic and Cream, so Amy would be the better option to talk to, first.

About 20-30 minutes later, the rabbit woman reached the pink hedgehog's house. Knocking on her door, she patiently waited for he pink hedgehog to answer. A few moments later, Amy answered the door, appearing to have woken up a few minutes ago, since she was still in pajamas, but she was downstairs, since Vanilla didn't hear the stairs being stepped on. Vanilla looked at Amy pleadingly, keeping her composure and not letting her mix of anger, sadness, and worry get the best of her. She looked at Amy and didn't waste another second.

"Amy,  somebody took Cream away last night, I went to her room to wake her up, and she wasn't there. Her bed was a complete mess, and her window was left open. I don't know where she's been taken to or where she is, but please, I need your help to find my baby.."

Vanilla had a look of sadness on her face now, Amy looked at her in shock, anger,and appreciation. Vanilla came to her instead of going to Sonic first, like everyone else would, and Amy knew that Vanilla trusted her with Cream's life. She hadn't been up for long, and had a long, fun day planned with Shadow and Sonic, but this was more urgent, her basically sister was in peril, and needed her. Besides, she could ask Sonic and Shadow for help anyways. She looked at Vanilla, confident, and reassured her.

"I'll find her and return her home, you have my promise, Miss Vanilla."

Vanilla nodded in agreement and gratefulness. She went back to her home, to fix up Cream's room and to look for any other clues she could get about her disappearance.

Amy got ready for the day, putting on her usual outfit, grabbing her boots and her hammer, and making her way to Sonic's house, to ask for his assistance in finding Cream. She ran for it, since she didn't want to waste a single second looking for Cream. She could've gone by herself, but she figured that bringing at least one other person would be better in case she got into any danger and whatnot. She finally made it to Sonic's house, knocking on the door impatiently, and waiting for the blue hedgehog to open the door. Sonic came to the door within a second, using his speed to run to the door, opening it and greeting Amy with a smile.

"Hey Ames! What brings you here?"

(A) "It's Cream, she's been taken away during the night, and I need your help finding her!"

(S) "Oh, I can't.. I have to go on a mission with Sally to check out a mysterious entity found in a nearby forest, apparently it's been causing a lot of trouble in the area. Maybe Shadow can go with you?"

(A) "I was going to ask him after you, I'll get going and ask him now.. I hope you and Sally stay safe during your adventure!"

Amy waved goodbye at Sonic as she started to run away from his house and run towards the cliff that her and Shadow met at. She didn't know where he lived, so she had hoped that she would meet him there. She was making her way towards her house, when she wasn't paying attention to where she was looking, and she ended up tripping on somebody.

"Oh, I am so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going!"

"It's alright."

Amy recognized the voice, it was the voice of her good friend Tails, who had looked perplexed. He gave her a look that was basically asking what she was running for. Amy filled him in on what was happening;

"It's Cream. She got taken away in the middle of the night, and nobody knows where, I was going to ask Sonic or Shadow to accompany me, but Sonic is busy, so I was going to ask Shadow, until I quite literally, ran into you."

 Tails had a very concerned expression on his face. He wanted to help Amy and possibly Shadow find Cream, he'd do anything to find her, and he wouldn't stop looking until he found her.

"Let me come along, I can be of some use."

"You sure? You don't have to if you don't want to."

"I want to."

Tails said with such an expression on his face, for a 12 year old, he sure looked vicious.. Amy decided to let him tag along, she saw chemistry between the fox boy and the rabbit girl, this would be the perfect setup for some cute moments between the two, and it'd help them find Cream faster. She let Tails tag along, and decided to meet him at that same spot in half an hour. If she ran, she would make it to the cliff and back just in time to meet up with the yellow fox. Tails headed back to his workshop to grab a few useful tools.