CHAPTER 36

POINT OF VIEW: DYLAN

Thursday, November 3, 2028.

Carlasco = Around 11.15 A.M

Greece = Around 08.15 P.M

"Dylan," Mr. Konishi called. "You may have an earlier break if you've finished storing the new bentos on the shelves."

"Noted, Konishi-San," Dylan replied. He then finished stacking the cup noodles on the shelf, before he went straight to the storage room to take the bentos.

When Dylan started to arrange the bentos on the shelves, suddenly a large hand grabbed out one of them. "Hi, Dylan," the man greeted, making Dylan turn to him.

"Hephaestus, what are you doing here?" Dylan asked as he rose to his feet.

"What am I doing here?" Hephaestus raised his eyebrows. "Of course I'm buying food for my lunch break."

"Aren't you supposed to be ...," Dylan left his words hanging and took in his surroundings. Convinced no one was close enough to hear him, by whispering he said, "At Olympus?"

"This is my working hour. Of course I cannot be at Olympus at all time. Furthermore, I have asked for one day off last week. Surely it's irresponsible if I ask for another day off today."

"But aren't you supposed to take care of Apollo and Artemis?"

"Nike, Heracles and Nemesis have taken care of both of them. Athena also helped after you left for work."

"I see."

"I also have asked Voulos to update Apollo and Artemis' brain with English. After they woke up, with some assistance from the others, they would be able to quickly adapt to the new situation."

"That's great," Dylan said. "Anyway, I have to finish my job first. Wouldn't want my boss to scold me," he said as he scoffed.

"Okay, I'm going to pay for my bento first," Hephaestus said; immediately he left and walked to the cashier. However, just when Dylan finished arranging all the bentos, Hephaestus went back to him.

"Do you still want to take other bentos?"

Hephaestus shook his head. "Dylan, are you okay?"

"Am I ... ?" Dylan raised his eyebrows. "Okay?"

"Yes," Hephaestus nodded. "Yesterday night at the park, your gesture was strange."

At that very moment, Dylan felt his chest was hit by something.

"I understand that if we did not stop the drunks and deleted the videos and photos, there would be an unnecessary commotion. However, I sense something was wrong with you. Not only are you so eager to delete everything, you really want to ensure that the witnesses forget everything. Your reaction, according to me and Heracles, was completely exaggerating and strange."

"I have to get back to work now," Dylan immediately said as he walked past Hephaestus.

"I clearly hear what your boss said to you," Hephaestus said, causing Dylan to stop walking. "He said you can take an earlier lunch break after finishing all these bentos arrangements."

"Something just came to my mind. Better to finish it first before taking a lunch break," he said as he walked again towards the cashier table.

Suddenly, a woman blocked Dylan's way, startling him. Quickly he stepped back and bowed down his head. "I'm sorry miss, I don't know you're going this way."

"I purposely intend to stand before you."

Recognizing the voice, Dylan raised his head. "Medusa?"

"Hi, Dylan," Medusa said as a thin smile spread on her face. "Well, I think I haven't properly thanked you for the last time. Thanks to you, my life here now is far much better. I almost forgot I ever had such a nice life."