CHAPTER 25

POINT OF VIEW: DYLAN

Thursday, October 27, 2028.

Carlasco = Around 08.00 P.M

Greece = Friday, around 5 A.M

Standing before the brown door with number 309 etched on the surface, Dylan knocked it. Before long, the sound of heavy steps approaching closer was heard. The door was then opened. "Apologize for being late, Hephaestus," he said. "I have to clean the library first."

"Nah, it's okay. I haven't completed the machine either."

"I didn't see any machine," Athena responded confusedly.

"Yeah," Dylan agreed as he peeked from Hephaestus' side.

"That door frame behind me is the machine."

"Are you not serious, Hephaestus?" Athena responded, dissatisfaction was expressed on her face.

"Tell me you're not wasting our time here," Hera said, also with dissatisfaction on her face.

"I am being serious and I am not wasting your time, dear step sister and my beloved mother," Hephaestus responded cynically. Upon hearing Hephaestus call Hera 'mother', Dylan was reminded again that the queen of the gods who could easily win a beauty pageant every time, was the one who gave birth to Hephaestus. It was surely unbelievable, as if they stood side by side, most people would simply think that he was Hera's father, instead of Hera's son.

Hephaestus then turned around and walked into the room in front of the door. He then got out again with a gray cube in his palm.

"I was preparing this when you suddenly knocked the door, Dylan."

"What is it?"

"It's the device that will process the inputted coordinates of the place we're intending to go,"," Hephaestus answered as he approached the door frame. He then knelt and inserted the gray cube into the green box attached at the right frame.

"Two more things to do and we can travel anywhere like Doraemon."

"Wait ... ," Dylan responded. "Doraemon you said?"

"Yeah, Doraemon," Hephaestus said. "I am surprised you didn't think of it after seeing the door frame."

"Well ... the door didn't resemble Doraemon's door at all. If only you built it into a normal pink door, then I believe I would quickly notice it."

"Hold up, hold up," Athena said as she held up her hands. "What is this Doraemon that you two are speaking?"

"Doraemon is an old Japanese cartoon, reciting about a cat robot from the future who has so many advanced machines in his pocket," Dylan explained. "One of his advanced machines is the door that could bring us anywhere."

"Your means of taking us home was inspired by a cartoon??" Hera responded incredulously.

"Well ... the seats in a normal plane might be too inconvenient for me and I also didn't know where the safest big place to build a plane of my own," Hephaestus said. "That's why when I happened to come across Doraemon and his door, I decided to make this my project."

"You can just build a chariot with an airplane engine," Athena said.

Hephaestus shook his head. "I haven't got the chance to study aeronautics. Besides, I always wanted to create a gate that could connect to anywhere. That's why when I saw Doraemon, I was soon inspired to build the same thing."

Hephaestus put his focus back on the green box. "Now let me finish the remaining to-do list," he said as he started configuring the machine again. "Ah anyway, please feel free to make yourself at home. I have prepared some snacks and drinks inside the fridge."